Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Old 01-15-2014, 08:59 PM   #1
Royd
Producer
Producer

Whoniverse Australia Tour - Prices!!

I think I saw an earlier comment about ticket pricing for the Whoniverse tour but I just checked out the details and, as a fan of such events, I'm somewhat shocked at the prices considering there's:
  • No VIP party
  • No personalized autographs allowed
  • No opportunity to obtain photograph or autograph tickets unless you're a Gold ($950) or Silver ($650) ticket holder

And guests are only on stage from 4:30pm! Crikey!

http://www.thehubproductions.com/Eve...verse-Tickets/

Last edited by Royd; 01-15-2014 at 09:08 PM.
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:16 PM   #2
lordrycon
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

It seems early this year people are going to have to make a choice. I can't see many that we be able to afford to hit Oz Comic-Con in March/April, Nova Melbourne in April and this Whoniverse show.

I'm already stretched due to Red Dwarf convention and Oztrek 10 on the 1st and 2nd of Feb, then saving for Nova Melb.
lordrycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:37 PM   #3
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royd View Post
I think I saw an earlier comment about ticket pricing for the Whoniverse tour but I just checked out the details and, as a fan of such events, I'm somewhat shocked at the prices considering there's:
  • No VIP party
  • No opportunity to obtain photograph or autograph tickets unless you're a Gold ($950) or Silver ($650) ticket holder

Wow that seems insane! As a Whovian, I would be very upset at that price gouge. Who do you blame? The talent or the organization that is running the event. Each actor must be chartering a separate plane and have an entire hotel to themselves.
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:43 PM   #4
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royd View Post
  • No VIP party

And don't forget that only the Gold or Silver pass holder can be in the photograph. So no buying one high level pass and a couple of lower level passes and getting a family shot - you each have to fork out at least $650. That put the final nail in the coffin for Shanan and me.
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:56 PM   #5
Royd
Producer
Producer

I'll be interested to hear from anyone who does attend the event (whichever city) as to how well attended it was! Given the pricing and restrictions, it's difficult to see that there will be a huge response but I've been wrong often enough before
Old 01-16-2014, 07:28 PM   #6
Royd
Producer
Producer

I was wrong - apparently we are not to think of this as a convention, it's a "theatre event" and the Gold & Silver tickets are like "back-stage passes" to meet the performers! (info from the Whoniverse Facebook page). Who knew!?
Old 01-16-2014, 08:53 PM   #7
mez
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I don't think the prices are that unreasonable tbh. I do think they should do screenings and events during the day for the non gold/silver tickets. Saying all that, it's unlikely I'll go. I think the A/B/C are a little expensive but not that costly for an actors Q&A event but I'm not that interested in Matt Smith.
mez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:31 AM   #8
lordrycon

they will have no trouble selling out all those Gold and Silver tickets, there are a lot of extreme Who fans out there.

i do find the ticket prices a bit ridiculous though considering for the same price at NYCC '13 you could have met and had an auto/photo with Sylvester Stallone, an icon of cinema.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:46 PM   #9
lordrycon

Quote:
The Hub: We have received devastating news in the last 24 hours. Due to a personal emergency, Matt Smith has advised us he is no longer able to come to Australia at this time. We've looked into any and all options with regards to replacements, but unfortunately the only possible replacement we would consider sufficient would be another modern Doctor, and there are none available over these coming weeks. With Karen also unable to attend the second weekend, we feel we have no choice but to cancel the event. We are working to try to bring Matt, Karen and Arthur to future events, but in the meantime, Ticketek will be in touch regarding refunds.

Matt has provided us with the following statement at this time:
I am deeply saddened to have to advise that I will not be able to come to Australia for the Hub Productions' Whoniverse event. Although I wish it were otherwise, due to a personal family emergency it's not possible for me to leave England at this time. I truly regret the situation, and the disappointment it must be causing, but I'm hoping to be able to reschedule as soon as possible for the future; I look forward to see you all then.

We understand that many of you will be shattered by this news; please understand that as long-term Doctor Who fans ourselves, we are no less heartbroken.

As noted, Ticketek will be contacting all ticketholders directly in regards to refunds, and if any action is required on your part to obtain your refund. If you have any inquiries regarding your tickets in the meantime, you can contact Ticketek on 13 28 39.

wow this sucks hardcore for Who fans... my understanding is that tickets had sold quite well.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:53 PM   #10
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

That is indeed a shame. The price was too steep for my liking, but I feel sorry for all those who had paid and were looking forward to the event.
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote