Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-17-2015, 09:54 PM   #341
gomur
The Tick

To be fair, that custom head is a modified Sideshow portrait to have the mouth open. It's nice but it wasn't built from scratch, so to speak.

And I agree that the EX is a must for the AA Joker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertR213 View Post
The EX is a must on this! I'm not too fond of the regular head though.

I will pass on this and I plan to get myself the first PF and display him with this amazing custom head which I like way better than what Sideshow has released so far for the Joker.

P
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 10:05 PM   #342
AlbertR213
Sailor Moon

Yeah that is true but I like that he has a more crazy look. It wasn't built from scratch but to me it is a big improvement and doesn't take away from the fact that it is still an amazing custom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
To be fair, that custom head is a modified Sideshow portrait to have the mouth open. It's nice but it wasn't built from scratch, so to speak.

And I agree that the EX is a must for the AA Joker.
AlbertR213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 02:00 AM   #343
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

Yeh but the difference in fan interaction between xm and sideshow is that XM tell us about issues that happened even before we get them. Like the black widow head thingo. They didnt have to and i hope they keep that sort of thing up, they need to. Sideshow is the TOTAL opposite. They can bring out something totally flawed and change, wont mention it AT ALL, throw it out there still for us to buy, then maybe...MAYBE with enough complaints and refunds theyll eventually change their pics from proto to production.
The fact that they still let massive qc slide through as if its just part of their culture is worrying. This is now the headliner for them of 2014 and 2015.
they dont need to address every individual collector as but as a whole. Who cares if they answer the typical "when is this coming out?" Or "can we hope to see this in the future" questions. They need to start addressing the real questions. Why are prices going up? Why does it take this long with this product to come out? Why has quality declined this much in this time frame? Or what ever you want really answered.

SSC = hollow.
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 02:06 AM   #344
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertR213 View Post
The EX is a must on this! I'm not too fond of the regular head though.

I will pass on this and I plan to get myself the first PF and display him with this amazing custom head which I like way better than what Sideshow has released so far for the Joker.

P
Now, if the custom head was the EX head I would have ordered the PF, despite my dislike of the pose.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 05:05 AM   #345
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
those people that said pass on him must be eating their words now considering what he goes for on ebay. wish i snagged him at that price. currently searching for one. congrats on having him.
...it arrived broken in three different parts, my usual luck. Seller refunded immediatly, at least.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 05:32 AM   #346
qz33
Doctor Doom

Still want that Nicholson Joker...
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:15 AM   #347
Vader
Ghost

the problem is that if the batman is really good, i'll want joker to go with him. And the laughing head is better than the regular head.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:03 AM   #348
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Like I said before (in another thread) don't expect these to appreciate. Days of Doom pf, Hulk pf, Akuma value are coming to an end. Characters are being revisited and for the better. Collectors who paid high prices, thousands of dollars, will have a hard time getting their money back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
To those that collect because they actually like the characters then it won't matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
There's a reason that most topics on this site get derailed to talk about quality, price and edition size, it's because all three of them matter and most people here who didn't care about it before are coming to the realization that it does matter. If Sideshow went back to putting low edition sizes on their exclusives while keeping it TBD for the regulars and having good quality people wouldn't really care and would pay for it.

The statue is definitely nice and the artists that make these deserve better.
Awesome, I agree with you, quality, price and edition size do matter. I wasn't saying they don't.

To be more specific about my comment, it was in response to several points made by Y3E: 1. don't expect these things to appreciate 2. characters are being revisited for the better

I responded to those points specifically...and to that end, for those that buy because they LIKE the characters...not just because they want something limited, or just like the sculpt...those people won't care about those specific points...

But there's a relationship among all that you said, and that's why I agree with both of you. For me, I collect not just because of the sculpts...the sculpts of course matter, I want a nice looking statue, but I mainly collect because I love the characters. I've been reading them for most of my life. So it wouldn't matter to me if their values never increased. I like when they do, but to me that's icing on the cake. Also, I wouldn't care if these things were produced in thousands more as far as ES. If I like the character and sculpt, I'll buy it. If there were 20,000 of a cool Batman, Spidey, Wolverine, Gambit, Storm, Black Panther, Nightcrawler, Phoenix... I'd buy it...

BUT...if the ES was that high or unlimited, the price would HAVE to come down. I wouldn't care how many people could get one whenever they wanted, but if it's that easy, I wouldn't pay these prices. And if it's that mass produced, why would it cost this much? That'd be crazy.

And if there were that many, quality control would be an even larger issue. Look at the amount of issues now...increase that by however much in the production run.

So yeah, price, ES and quality do matter, but to me, their relationship to each other, the larger picture, is what matters. Increase ES, then lower the price. I don't care if everybody and their momma can get one, I'd buy my favorite characters regardless, but not at $450+. But I wouldn't want lower quality, and higher quality requires a higher price because it means more attention and detail, which means production can't be too large to maintain that quality. That's why all 3 factors do matter, because they're all related and affect each other.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:48 AM   #349
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchyoutoo View Post
Yeh but the difference in fan interaction between xm and sideshow is that XM tell us about issues that happened even before we get them. Like the black widow head thingo. They didnt have to and i hope they keep that sort of thing up, they need to. Sideshow is the TOTAL opposite. They can bring out something totally flawed and change, wont mention it AT ALL, throw it out there still for us to buy, then maybe...MAYBE with enough complaints and refunds theyll eventually change their pics from proto to production.
The fact that they still let massive qc slide through as if its just part of their culture is worrying. This is now the headliner for them of 2014 and 2015.
they dont need to address every individual collector as but as a whole. Who cares if they answer the typical "when is this coming out?" Or "can we hope to see this in the future" questions. They need to start addressing the real questions. Why are prices going up? Why does it take this long with this product to come out? Why has quality declined this much in this time frame? Or what ever you want really answered.

SSC = hollow.
How about you take the XM talk were it belongs... they don't even have a DC license, and the continued comparisons are pointless. Also, the highly negative nature of some of the comments that have been aimed at SSC reps and designers as of late has cost this community their participation. If you love XM there is a section for that.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 11:06 AM   #350
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
How about you take the XM talk were it belongs... they don't even have a DC license, and the continued comparisons are pointless. Also, the highly negative nature of some of the comments that have been aimed at SSC reps and designers as of late has cost this community their participation. If you love XM there is a section for that.
The questions he raises, using the practices of a competitor with a 1/4 scale license as a comparator are fair in this instance.

Last edited by Matches Malone; 04-18-2015 at 10:36 PM. Reason: auto correct leading to grammatical typos!
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote