oops, wrong thread.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 09:08 PM   #1102
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scote View Post
Currently following Lucifer
Me too, watching from S1 currently. Totally love the premise and like what I see so far. Too early to rate though as I'm only half way into S1.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 01:40 PM   #1103
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Glitch 7.5/10 a handful of the deceased return back to life and try to figure out why they are back
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:29 AM   #1104
Babytoxie
Ghost

The OA - 1/10

A blind teen who disappeared seven years ago returns with her sight restored, telling an astonishing story of a search for an afterlife.

Initially, I was intrigued with the metaphysical aspects of the plot. Even as it slowed to a crawl, and things began to make less sense, I stuck with it, as it was fun to speculate on what it meant and where it could be leading... which turned out to be absolutely nowhere. Eight episodes for that??? What a waste of time.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 03:12 AM   #1105
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Westworld - 8.5/10

The pacing will be a problem for many but those willing to invest the time in this thought provoking slow burn character drama should appreciate the pay off by season's end. Admittedly I found the first half of the season meandered a bit more than I generally like but once things start to come together it was quite satisfying. I think this series would benefit from a binge watch versus weekly viewings. Another quality entry from HBO.

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 02:19 PM   #1106
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Westworld - 8.5/10

The pacing will be a problem for many but those willing to invest the time in this thought provoking slow burn character drama should appreciate the pay off by season's end. Admittedly I found the first half of the season meandered a bit more than I generally like but once things start to come together it was quite satisfying. I think this series would benefit from a binge watch versus weekly viewings. Another quality entry from HBO.

My wife and I just watched episode 5 and if I should rate it now it would get a 6 at most. It's going nowhere. But your post gives me a little hope though
I will rate it when I've finished it.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 02:54 PM   #1107
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Léon View Post
My wife and I just watched episode 5 and if I should rate it now it would get a 6 at most. It's going nowhere. But your post gives me a little hope though
Stick with it, it's a slow burn for some, but totally worth it in the end. I'm going to watch it a second time to catch all that I missed.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 03:06 PM   #1108
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Léon View Post
I probably would've rated it about the same. I was having a difficult time staying interested and actually considered killing it midway through the pacing was so poor. It just felt like it was going nowhere, but trust me, it is.
Old 01-10-2017, 04:31 PM   #1109
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Mr. Robot S2.0 - 8.5/10

Another season that started off slow, but man... when it kicks into gear it's great! Such a unique series, there really isn't anything like this paranoid cyberthriller on television. It's frightening what it says about our financial system and the unrestrained power of technology. It's a dark and artistic approach to some heavy topics, capitalism, cyber warfare, mental illness to name but a few. Cinematography, acting and score are all top notch too. Check this series out! It's pretty brilliant.

Old 01-10-2017, 06:26 PM   #1110
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Westworld - 8.5/10

I rewatched Westworld shortly before the finale aired and knowing where it was all going made me see clues I missed the first time and I liked those earlier episodes a lot more.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote