Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-09-2019, 02:30 AM   #101
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Neo classical is not art, it's people lost their way. Repeating reneance or any art period, movement of past is a mistake. Anyone can't do art, art require a great genious.
And I'm done. Anyone who dismissed an entire art movement is ridiculous.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 02:33 AM   #102
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
And I'm done. Anyone who dismissed an entire art movement is ridiculous.
I dissmiss the ---- out some mistakes which pass as art... especially post modern architecture... ---- that ----... lol
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 03:25 AM   #103
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

I have a Masters in Art and Literature. That doesn't mean I have more of a right to determine what art is or is not than the next person. Since art is created by your imagination, expression and skill, what you see as art might be different than what I see as art.

Art and Literature are define by the individual's interpretation. So, I sadly have to say that nobody here is qualified to tell me what I should think is art and what is not art.

Therefore, let it go.
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 09:45 AM   #104
risingstar
Jedi Order

In the end, all we can really quantify, with some measure of confidence, is what is popular art and what is not. However, is popular art better simply because it is more mainstream? Should popular art be considered more "arty"?

Ultimately though, art is personal. It impacts people in many different ways. Always has. Some love the way art makes them feel while others may use it to bolster their ego. Some people prefer landscapes, while others prefer nudes or images of war. Some people may even dismiss some art entirely if it becomes too popular, just because, as if they feel entitled to limit its growth and appreciation. Others may use art to connect with others, like in places like this forum. Others may hold art to different standards too (i.e., what should and should not to be considered art). Ultimately, art is like any other concept that has a preferential component attached to it. It either moves you or it does not. There will never be one way to view art, however, that does not mean that someone isn't entitled to think there is only one way. You may simply disagree with that opinion and find solace in the idea that your personal view of art likely means you'll be able to appreciate more art mediums than they ever can. That's okay too.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 12:14 PM   #105
off
The X-Men

Really, was is this such a hard concept to grasp? Art is merely opinion. There really isn't much more to it.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 12:26 PM   #106
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by d rod View Post
I have a Masters in Art and Literature. That doesn't mean I have more of a right to determine what art is or is not than the next person. Since art is created by your imagination, expression and skill, what you see as art might be different than what I see as art.

Art and Literature are define by the individual's interpretation. So, I sadly have to say that nobody here is qualified to tell me what I should think is art and what is not art.

Therefore, let it go.
Artfully articulated.
Old 11-09-2019, 01:12 PM   #107
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

TDK, look, you’d best let it go as Danny said. Others, including me, previously, similarly have made the point that everyone’s entitled to his or her own opinion and preference. You just seem to be (not saying you ARE, but SEEM TO BE) arguing and dismissing others’ opinions, even those who’ve studied or created art for years, for the sake of baiting further argument. Friendly advice, to quote Danny, let it go. Otherwise, at best we’ll lock this thread. At worst, you’ll end up banned.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 02:32 AM   #108
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Ok, i give up... i haven't left any energy for this anyway...Monday Sendrom... :/ But i didn't bait anyone. I haven't put anyone's head any gun to answer me... I enjoyed the answers, i always like to talk about art, so i may get too passionet, if i broke anyone's heart, i'm sorry and i just want to say majority is not always right, talking about the majorty in the forum.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 04:42 AM   #109
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
Scorsese said that Marvel movies aren't "cinema" and likened them to a theme park. Coppola agreed and added that they're "despicable".

What do you guys think? Bitter old timers that are jealous of the money the MCU movies are bringing in or is there some truth?
I get where they are coming from. Some films are all time greats, works of art, that generation after generation will watch.

I'm not sure Marvel movies fit this criteria. They are live action comics, and for the most part do a good job. Many of them are CGI spectacle's making use of currently computer wizardry. If i'm honest, i don't tend to watch them more than once.

There are exceptions, when it comes to super-hero movies:

Deadpool/Deadpool 2
I can re watch these all day long as they are maximum lol!

The Dark Knight
I rewatch this, not because of the story, because of Ledgers performance.

Suicide Squad
I rewatch this dire movie, as Margot Robbie plays the part of Harely Quinn to perfection. Other than that, it's not a good movie.

..i can see me watching Joker again once the Blu-ray arrives, as this is "cinema". A genuinely fantastic looking, sounding movie with an amazing cast performance. There is something special about this film.

When it comes to Marvel movies, Robert Downey, Jr. performs best. Scarlett Johansson comes as close second, although she rarely gets enough screen time. Beyond all the fancy CGI effects, and-hold-it-together storylines, it comes down to basic's, actor/actress performances. Scarlett Johansson out performed everyone during End Game, during that one final scene.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:36 PM   #110
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Kevin Feige finally responds: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...attack-1253710
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote