Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 05-07-2014, 07:41 AM   #5721
Peedi
The Secret Six

Congrats BurningRage, I'm not sure how you managed to get one unless you used a bot, it sold out incredibly fast. It was pulled from my cart. But I'm glad a name I recognize from the forums was able to get one!

I knew it'd be a fast sell out and I saw all across the internet ahead of time people's displeasure with Mondo sell outs so I won't cry about it, I knew what to expect. I'd be happy with the Black Spider-Man which I'm guessing will be in Part 3 but with my schedule being what it is I think Mondo is just something I'd never go after again. I'm too busy to just be available whatever random times these go up and I'm not paying the flippers for a sheet of paper (although an extremely cool sheet of paper it is!).

I have too many great statues and Spider-Man Collectibles to complain though!
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:51 AM   #5722
BurningRage
The Maxx

I thought I had no chance but I was at the poster section of the site as soon as it went up. I learned to be already logged into my account to save time. I can type my CC number very fast so that helped.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:37 PM   #5723
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
I thought I had no chance but I was at the poster section of the site as soon as it went up. I learned to be already logged into my account to save time. I can type my CC number very fast so that helped.
I was logged in as well but when I added it to my cart and clicked submit I guess it auto logged me out between the time right before they went up and me clicking on Spider-Man. It just didn't work out for me is all. And I'm not mad at the system, that's just how it works and it's just unfortunate that flippers scoop them up so quick, but it is what it is so I don't think I'll be waiting around again for anything else. Lol I say that now... If I knew something I like is going up and I had the free time I'd make an attempt, but I won't make any special efforts if I'm truly busy like I was for this. And there's no way I'm paying extra on eBay or anything so I'm good.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:08 PM   #5724
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I was logged in as well but when I added it to my cart and clicked submit I guess it auto logged me out between the time right before they went up and me clicking on Spider-Man. It just didn't work out for me is all. And I'm not mad at the system, that's just how it works and it's just unfortunate that flippers scoop them up so quick, but it is what it is so I don't think I'll be waiting around again for anything else. Lol I say that now... If I knew something I like is going up and I had the free time I'd make an attempt, but I won't make any special efforts if I'm truly busy like I was for this. And there's no way I'm paying extra on eBay or anything so I'm good.
There is no exact science. I literally snagged a Spidey one as a favour to a buddy for his son on my iPhone mid workout. Mondo's checkout system leaves MUCH to be desired and their refusal to utilize "Captchas" or something of that ilk to level the playing field against well documented bot use and such is indicative of how they view the casual and general fan.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:49 AM   #5725
BurningRage
The Maxx

Got brown costume Wolverine.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 03:48 PM   #5726
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Mondo's checkout system leaves MUCH to be desired and their refusal to utilize "Captchas" or something of that ilk to level the playing field against well documented bot use and such is indicative of how they view the casual and general fan.
wow. hit the nail on the head.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 04:04 PM   #5727
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Elektra LOL.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:44 PM   #5728
Prevail69
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
Elektra LOL.
I was kind of interested when I seen the Jpeg... I've got a few Drakes in my collection.

But Im glad they posted real pics of it in hand on there site because now its an easy pass... the Print is way to saturated in red. I always like to see a printed screen print in hand pics before I buy. Sometimes the screen print process adds to the image, other times it subtracts. This one looks like a negative to me.

Funny too, if this print was released byBottleneck gallary that Drake normally goes thru Im thinking it would take days to sell out. But thru Mondo this is gonna be mega butthurt on the drop.
Prevail69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:47 PM   #5729
FROBAY
Phoenix

That Elektra sux. No sex appeal to it.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:36 PM   #5730
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prevail69 View Post
I was kind of interested when I seen the Jpeg... I've got a few Drakes in my collection.

But Im glad they posted real pics of it in hand on there site because now its an easy pass... the Print is way to saturated in red. I always like to see a printed screen print in hand pics before I buy. Sometimes the screen print process adds to the image, other times it subtracts. This one looks like a negative to me.

Funny too, if this print was released byBottleneck gallary that Drake normally goes thru Im thinking it would take days to sell out. But thru Mondo this is gonna be mega butthurt on the drop.
Lol, sooooooo true. I think that my wife may try for it. I am tied up come drop time so it is up to her ( but the poster would be for her anyways).
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote