Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 02-23-2020, 12:58 PM   #11
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
I came to the collectors party a little later.
Why doesn't Bowens sell statues anymore?

I own Bowen's Madelyne Pryor
He went through a divorce. His ex would've gotten too big a slice of his earnings, so he shut down Bowen Designs. He needed to wait 5 years before he could open a new business, with a new name, so he could keep all the profits.

I believe that the 5 year wait is up and that's why people are hoping to see Randy restart his business. I'm not so sure that's going to happen anymore. He's mentioned many times he loves to sculpt but doesn't care for the business side of having his own company. I'm skeptical that he has the desire to run his own company anymore. The longer he's out of the game, the more I think he's out for good. I hope I'm wrong because I love Randy's work and would love to add more Bowen statues to my collection.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 01:11 PM   #12
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I think the five-year thing is actually up at the end of this year or sometime in 2021

I definitely think we all have those characters that we would love to see Randy sculpt and for me some of them are the B&C list marvel characters.

I don’t know if he will start his own company again but I do hope that we do see some more superhero scopes from him whether he is doing work for hire for Marvel or DC.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 04:06 PM   #13
Asgard
Deadman

Thank you for the intel. Hope he comes back

The next bowen piece i'm searching for is Jean Grey.
(this which looks like the new Sideshow Jean Grey PF)
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 04:14 PM   #14
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
Thank you for the intel. Hope he comes back

The next bowen piece i'm searching for is Jean Grey.
(this which looks like the new Sideshow Jean Grey PF)
For some reason any Jean Grey statue always goes for alot on Ebay. Hopefully you can find one for a good price.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 06:10 PM   #15
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I think the five-year thing is actually up at the end of this year or sometime in 2021

I definitely think we all have those characters that we would love to see Randy sculpt and for me some of them are the B&C list marvel characters.

I don’t know if he will start his own company again but I do hope that we do see some more superhero scopes from him whether he is doing work for hire for Marvel or DC.
I believe that everything was shut down December 31st, 2015. That was the message he left when Rocky's vault was getting shut down. So, if that date is correct, we're looking at a new start up date of no sooner than January 1st 2021.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 06:16 PM   #16
Asgard
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
For some reason any Jean Grey statue always goes for alot on Ebay. Hopefully you can find one for a good price.
I hope that too
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 08:07 AM   #17
Demona
Martian Manhunter

My vote is that Chad (tweeterhead) and Randy team up. Chad can stick to DC and his various TV licenses, while Randy can do Marvel. All in the 1:6 scale.

Chad has the internet infrastructure somewhat laid out, have Randy give him a tip on how to do it a little smoother. Seems like a win for everybody - especially us collectors

I REALLY need some of Storm's modern looks to be put into statue form. Also, Kamala Khan needs some love.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 10:50 AM   #18
Blindzider
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I believe that everything was shut down December 31st, 2015. That was the message he left when Rocky's vault was getting shut down. So, if that date is correct, we're looking at a new start up date of no sooner than January 1st 2021.
That's a little disappointing, another whole year. I thought the hiatus period was already up.

I've said before that I also think he's done owning his own company, but he still wants to sculpt. His increased activity on IG this last year or two is "eyebrow raising" though.
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 11:05 AM   #19
Mister H
Green Goblin

I don’t think it really matters to me if he has his own company or not as long as he does some more Marvel characters.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 11:26 AM   #20
Blindzider
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I don’t think it really matters to me if he has his own company or not as long as he does some more Marvel characters.
Same, although I selfishly would like more characters that match styles/base of the previous statues. Not sure if that would happen from another company.

But I'd still be happy if he did other Marvel sculpts that were completely different.

The idea of working with Chad and Tweeterhead is a really good one.
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote