Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 05-31-2012, 01:08 AM   #241
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
The whole Bruhaha over weight and price came up because people were saying that ARH was price gouging and making cheap statues (because they are "hollow") and it was pointed out that SS statues are made the same way and their big pieces are hollow as well. Then it became "yeah, well, maybe but not as hollow" so then it was "well lets compare" and shipping weights of statues were compared and then it was "No way, it doesn't weigh that much" countered by "Yes it does, maybe even more"

And here we are.
Wait...

People are saying that Sideshow aren't skimping on statues?

Being compared to Sideshow atm not something to be proud of imo :|

Not that hollow is bad, it's fine and a fact just as long as it isn't too thin. Then there's problems.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:37 AM   #242
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Wow, you sure like to put words in people's mouths. Who exactly said ARH was price gauging?

In addition, I think it was you who stated it was supposedly 60lbs. The conversation just went naturally from there, including an actual weight from someone (ComputerFly) who actually owns the piece.
There are entire threads devoted to this being overpriced and people planning to pick it up down the road for half price and that ARH is way overcharging. I never said you said it, although you did say

"Wow, so what exactly are you paying for if you pay $600 to get dirt cheap packaging and a hollow statue?"

and

"That's true. I just think for $600, you would be getting better quality all around. I would understand more if this statue were $250."

But I wasn't talking about you in particular. It has been said and implied in this thread and several others by a few people. I have no idea why you took it personally, since you weren't mentioned at all

RE me saying it weighs around 60 lbs, this is true but I made it clear that I didn't own the statue so I couldn't say for sure. In fact I even said that for all I know it is made of paper mache. I said I was going by shipping weights listed on the sideshow website. And it was me that suggested someone weigh an actual in hand statue in the first place to check. RE Computerfly he says he weighed his and another person said they weighed theirs and they still got vastly different numbers. I think the shipping weights must be reasonably accurate because that's one of the main factors determining cost of shipping. My whole main point is these are made the same way every other company makes them at this size and was trying to demonstrate that SS large pieces are hollow as well.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:43 AM   #243
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Yep, I know exactly what I said, and I didn't take it personally. I know you were not necessarily speaking to me directly.

However, not once since I joined this conversation has ANYONE here, myself included, stated that ARH is "price gauging," as you call it. Let's just be clear.

Now, I do not know if that has ever been stated in the past, but I am referring to the conversations that have taken place over the last few pages in this thread.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:18 AM   #244
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Fair enough, but I think several people are just upset with ARH in general. I don't mean to diminish that either. There are enough instances of people commenting that Arahom treated them rudely (to put a single word on it) on customer service issues that I don't doubt that it is true.

I have been buying ARH stuff for years and have never had a bad experience with him or his service. I think there was just a time when he was overworked and overwhelmed and he let the general criticism get the best of him and lashed out at a few people. He was just basically a one man company trying to do so much that when he had shipping and box issues it was hard to handle that as well.

I don't blame anyone for buying or not buying anything for whatever reason, including customer service they received, but my point is ARH statues are pretty much the same as any other company construction wise. But it's not like I own stock in ARH or anything or think he can't make mistakes.

And I concede that nobody in this thread used the term price gouging and there is less complaining about the price in here but I think that is largely due to the fact that it sold out relatively quickly (maybe before there were many posts in this thread?) which I think surprised a lot of people (including me). It's hard to continue to say the price is ridiculous when it sells out at that price with a pretty good edition size for this big of a statue.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:53 AM   #245
Halcyon
Loki

My postoffice weighed the medusa package before I send it back and it was exactly 25.5 KG
(equals 56 lbs, right?!) and that is a FACT!

To all that don't agree... "talk to the monkey"

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:54 AM   #246
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Old 05-31-2012, 02:38 PM   #247
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Whether this is 30lbs. 4oz. or 56lbs....what does it matter? This is easily one of the most imposing and eye catching statues I've ever seen from any company.

That is a fact! If I ever get a chance to get her (bad packaging and all) you can bet I will.

Some may agree with me or disagree with me on this comment (and thats fine), but I think Medusa and Athena smokes any female product SS or Bowen or Koto has put out themselves. And yes, you all heard me...Medusa smokes (which actually destroys..pun intended..get it?) Vampirella and Lara Croft and any other female statue I can think of.

I think the only thing that hurts this statue is its packaging.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:47 PM   #248
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I will agree with you that Medusa is an amazing statue, but I'm not so keen on Athena. She appears quite manly to me.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:57 PM   #249
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
I will agree with you that Medusa is an amazing statue, but I'm not so keen on Athena. She appears quite manly to me.
I can assure you she isn't. Not by a long shot! I will post pictures of her next to Vampy and Lara when I get my base back from ARH.

It wont get to him until tomorrow unfortunately, but not an issue I guess. She is a big statue too. Overall it is taller than the Silver Surfer. And its heavy as hell.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:58 PM   #250
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
She reminds me of Lucy Lawless of Xena fame, so if you have a problem with her face, then I guess I can't help you on that.