Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-10-2012, 08:23 PM   #9501
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

The Losers 8/10 Really fun film

Expendables 5/10 AWFUL

The Road 8/10 Fun, uplifting film for the family!

Princess Mononoke 9/10 one of the best films ever

Eastern Promises 7.5/10 Not as good as HoV and only until the reveal does it start to pick up

Rango 7/10 Fun film. Depp is good at doing voice overs

Monsters Vs Aliens 7.5/10 Went into this expecting nothing but really enjoyed it. Susan reminded me of a cross between Dolly Parton and Debbie Harry

The Inbetweeners Movie(extended) 9/10- Not much difference between the original and this but still fantastic film)
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:46 PM   #9502
protector2814
Phoenix

Man, I know I went and saw Eastern Promises w/ my wife. Yet can recall absolutely nothing about the movie. I think I kinda liked it, but it left zero impression in the long run. Nurse + dead hooker + Russian mob....that's about it.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:03 PM   #9503
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

yeah, it took too long until the plot twist was revealed
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:38 PM   #9504
Scottsdale Saint
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Been watching quite a few things of late, as I'm laid up from a broken shoulder (cobalt replacement of the ball of the humerus), as well as a steel rod and some smaller breaks in the shoulder. I'm not able to work, and physically unable to do most of the things I like to do (biking and about a million other things), so I'm watching some blu's as well as some tv shows on blu/dvd.

Stakeland-cross The Road with a vamp movie, and you describe this one pretty much on the nose...not great, but very solid, with some good acting performances paired with a good script...liked this one a lot, 7/10

Signs-seen this one a few times, bought the blu-ray and watched it last night, and liked it as much, if not more than before. Shymalan's last truly GOOD movie, with some great performances by Mel Gibson, Joaquin Phoenix, and the two child actors, Rory Culkin and Abigail Breslin...the dodgy makeup/effects with the aliens are really the only minus that stays with me, otherwise, I love this one.
8/10

Taken-lots of people seemed to love this one, and while I found it entertaining, it was far from the what I had expected. Neeson slumming it is still better than 80% of what is out there. 6/10

Unknown-Neeson playing the action hero again, but I actually preferred this one to Taken, not by a lot, but I'm guessing that I will watch this one again, a lot sooner than Taken. 6.5/10

30 Days of Night-adaptation of the Niles/Templesmith graphic novel, and one of my fave horror flicks of the past fifteen years. This one is still scary as hell, and Ben Foster as The Stranger is CREEEEEEPY. Love it, and I definitely love my vamps being savage and badass. 8/10

Fright Night (2011)-a modernized version of the 80's classic, and while I found it entertaining enough, it was far from what it should've been...lots of gore, not enough scares. 5.5/10

Sugar-solid little baseball movie, which tells the story of a young Domincan player and the process they go through to get to America and how they deal with the isolation and alienation upon their arrival...pretty true to life, and a very good movie.
7.5/10
Scottsdale Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:30 PM   #9505
Spazzy
Hercules

Battle Royale 7/10
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:38 PM   #9506
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Dr Strangelove
10/10

Brilliant brilliant movie
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:00 AM   #9507
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
Dr Strangelove
10/10

Brilliant brilliant movie

Style Wars - 3.5/5
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:39 AM   #9508
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Final Destination 5 : 7/10 - I have a real soft spot for this series so I'm probably biased but I loved it. More of the same . . . carnage of the most violent order . . . but with tongue firmly in cheek. And gymnasts may never look at their sport the same way again

And I loved Eastern Promises. One of Cronenberg's best IMO.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #9509
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Rise of the Planet of the Apes - 9/10

Wow what a great movie. After the strong word of mouth here I expected to enjoy this and I absolutely loved it. One of the year's best IMO.

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:27 PM   #9510
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Rise of the Planet of the Apes - 9/10

Wow what a great movie. After the strong word of mouth here I expected to enjoy this and I absolutely loved it. One of the year's best IMO.

I was very pleasantly surprised with this one, went in not expecting much, but came out loving this movie. Was one of my absolute favorites of last year.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote