Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-27-2020, 02:17 PM   #2341
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I like Cyclops look now (regular visor, blue suit with blue lines -- I think it's blue), I liked the suit with the "X" visor (red and black), and I LOVED his Astonishing (Cassaday) suit.

WhyTF there are zero PF's with any of these designs is beyond me.

This thinking is the kind of change I hope happens with the change in Art Director. I like what Sideshow has given us, but the X-Men line is all over the place and more stagnant that it needs to be. I believe we are all fine with revisiting characters, but not when its always the same suit.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 03:02 PM   #2342
SONICobra
Batman

yeah hes had some great costumes (including his current one) yet everyone keeps doing the same 90s jim lee costume. which is alright and iconic, but a lot of missed opportunities. i know you understand this all too well Demona
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 04:18 PM   #2343
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Whatever happened to the company that was making 1/4 X-Men statues in modern suits? They had a regional license like XM so couldn't sell in the US. I remember they had a Jean Grey prototype that was unpainted.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 05:21 PM   #2344
Infinite GLORY
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I like Cyclops look now (regular visor, blue suit with blue lines -- I think it's blue), I liked the suit with the "X" visor (red and black), and I LOVED his Astonishing (Cassaday) suit.

This thinking is the kind of change I hope happens with the change in Art Director. I like what Sideshow has given us, but the X-Men line is all over the place and more stagnant that it needs to be. I believe we are all fine with revisiting characters, but not when its always the same suit.
What Sideshow should have done is made a the collectors edition 1 suit (say Jim Lee for Cyclops), and the exclusive same pose with a different suit (Astonishing). That would please multiple collectors. They could do the same with Storm, Archangel/Angel, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Beast, Etc.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 05:42 PM   #2345
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
You should message them. I too was hoping for a more modern line-up. Tired of the look of the Jim Lee x-men.

I ordered the juggernaut, wolverine and colossus. Not fond of the others. Would like a modern cyclops and beast to go with them.
There's no one to call. We don't have access to anyone who's in charge of making real decisions at sideshow. Regardless of how much I disliked the art direction at sideshow over the last few years, I give Igo and Alex tremendous credit for interacting with us on the forums. At least we knew they were paying attention to what we were saying even if nothing came of it. Alex is now basically gone and Igo has moved on. We're truly in the dark now. We can only hope that whoever is in charge at sideshow now will start taking complaints of incomplete lineups more seriously. I've seen nothing from sideshow over the years that tells me that's going to happen though. I expect more of the same from sideshow.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 05:54 PM   #2346
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

This is very well put. So many other costume options for Cyclops and we get another rehashed Lee Cyclops PF. Even XM has gone the Lee Cyclops route. That's a total of three licensed 1/4 Lee Cyclops statues that's out there. Sadly, even most custom Cyclops statues are in the Lee costume. What will it take to finally get a 1/4 Byrne, Cassady, or a modern Cyclops PF?
Old 03-27-2020, 05:56 PM   #2347
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
What Sideshow should have done is made a the collectors edition 1 suit (say Jim Lee for Cyclops), and the exclusive same pose with a different suit (Astonishing). That would please multiple collectors. They could do the same with Storm, Archangel/Angel, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Beast, Etc.
I'd love a (Byrne or Astonishing) variant of the recent Cyclops PF. Hell, I'd be all over it.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:05 PM   #2348
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I'd love a (Byrne or Astonishing) variant of the recent Cyclops PF. Hell, I'd be all over it.
like this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8xNzQvMDUyL2kwMi9YLU1lbl9DYXNzYWRheS5qcGc=.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	129447  
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:06 PM   #2349
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I want all these X-Men, but does the 10% code trick still work?

I'll need it to get them! haha
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 02:43 AM   #2350
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
Whatever happened to the company that was making 1/4 X-Men statues in modern suits? They had a regional license like XM so couldn't sell in the US. I remember they had a Jean Grey prototype that was unpainted.
This one from Iron Kite Studios?

I have been wondering the same thing.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote