Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-19-2018, 06:16 PM   #1891
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I'm very excited! I just went out and picked up the first two issues of the manga! I have just 8 more episodes of the anime left and figured it was time. After the anime, I'll jump into 3 movie story arc on netflix. And then of course I'll jump into the real deal: the manga.

This is the first manga I have EVER boughten in my entire life! I actually don't really own any books in general.

(I do however own a few animes on blue ray though so I'm not new to anime)

Maybe I'm getting a head of myself but I always thought it would be extremely fun to collect an entire statue line. I just think it would be SO cool to have all the films, the anime, the whole manga set, and the entire P1 Berserk line! That would make for an extremely awesome display.

But I say I'm getting a head of myself cause that'll cost a lot of money for all the pieces. Plus I'm only 17 episodes into my first berserk medium and I have NO idea if I'll love it in the end or not...

That's why I only bought the first two manga issues. That should give me enough of a taste and if I crave more, I'll buy 3, then 4, then so on and so forth as long as I continue to enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoid18 View Post
Yeah, Prime 1 is usually pretty good at listening and addressing customer concerns. I’m sure collectors should / will bring it up on the Facebook group.
I actually just asked to join the group a couple hours ago. Once I get approved, rest assured I'll make my own voice heard as well!
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:38 PM   #1892
Catman
Fantastic Four

Makes me happy I opted to only get the berserk armor. Hopefully they forgo the paper by the time that baby ships.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativepenalty View Post
All this has me extremely worried now. Mine still hasn't shipped but not only do I have to worry about it coming in once piece, I now have to worry about the wax paper scratching the paint!?!

This is my most anticipated statue of this year...what a bummer.
Catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:46 PM   #1893
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
Seriously why are they doing this? Guts, Harley and 1/2 Wonder Woman all have paper...

The cloth is part of P1's brand. I'ts what makes them special. If I was P1 I would be pissed that this happened. Seriously if they're going to sacrifice and skimp then I may want no part of them anymore.

If a company isn't dedicated to excellence then why am I spending $1000 dollars per piece?!
Hey buddy i talked to Prime1 they told using causing using more breakage % than paper the statue need to fit tightely inside styrofoam. Silk whatever is slippy causing moving inside.. geralt has lot of breakage because of this. the reason silk also cause absorbing moisture humidity. I remember causing a lot defect on the 1/2 scale superman. The paint rub they told may cause because of the paint wasnt dry enough. Anyway they are checking for solution.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:55 PM   #1894
Chargersfan57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextlevel99 View Post
Hey buddy i talked to Prime1 they told using causing using more breakage % than paper the statue need to fit tightely inside styrofoam. Silk whatever is slippy causing moving inside.. geralt has lot of breakage because of this. the reason silk also cause absorbing moisture humidity. I remember causing a lot defect on the 1/2 scale superman. The paint rub they told may cause because of the paint wasnt dry enough. Anyway they are checking for solution.
Thanks I appreciate the heads up! I definitely want to hear more about this and I'm just awaiting the collectors group approval.

If I end up buying every berserk piece that's going to be a ton of my money invested and I want piece of mind going into it and taking the risk.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:04 PM   #1895
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
Thanks I appreciate the heads up! I definitely want to hear more about this and I'm just awaiting the collectors group approval.

If I end up buying every berserk piece that's going to be a ton of my money invested and I want piece of mind going into it and taking the risk.
Mine arrived perfectly fine and my friends also no problem.They told me they shipped huge quantity already has only few problem so far and the main problem also they dont have anymore stock left.
Getting full replacement will not be possible for future for this piece from what heard only parts can be possible. As this piece sold way above beyond what they expected causing shortage problem.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:47 AM   #1896
HiTMAN
The Herculoids

This statue is glorious, a masterpiece in every aspect. Its massive and quite heavy, the sheer size alone draws you in. The paint application is superb, it really brings the piece to life. All the added details, skin texture, veins, scars and blood application look incredible in person. Plus even with all the features on the base the focal point is still on Guts.

My only issue is the magnet on the cursed spirit which attaches to the tree is weak and unstable. I will contact SS for a replacement part.

Here are some photos I took with my phone:

HiTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:48 AM   #1897
HiTMAN
The Herculoids

Old 03-20-2018, 02:48 AM   #1898
HiTMAN
The Herculoids

Old 03-20-2018, 03:36 AM   #1899
iguana
Blue Falcon

@Hitman: awesome mate congrats! You hadn't have problems with the paper and paint issues?
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 03:53 AM   #1900
Chargersfan57

Beautiful piece Hitman!!! Love it!

Spoiler: On a side note, damn am I disappointed in myself! I've got 6 episodes left of the anime. (Guts just left the Hawks). Really loving the series immensely!

Anyway I was in the P1 site looking at Griffith just to make sure he wasn't sold out yet. And my eye caught the first part of the discription saying he is "the main antagonist of the series..."

$hit I didn't mean to see that! I had no idea. I mean I thought the description would just talk about him being the leader of the Hawks mercenary group cause that's what I thought he was... As soon as my eye saw that I quickly clicked away from the website. Ugh why did I have to see that!

I mean, I remember Guts saying something about Griffith in the first episode but I didn't think he was going to be evil. When I've been watching the anime, even though there where times Griffith scared me, (like with his stare and resourcefulness. Killing the queen and all). I always expected he and guts were friends even though he freaked me out. I did start to think something might be off with him but I didn't want it literally spelled out for me...sigh!

Anyway I hope that won't take away my joy from the future of the series.

Oh well, such is life.

I hope this reveal happens early on, like by the end of the anime. Because if it was supposed to be a surprise late into the manga then that'll hurt. I am SO disappointed right now!