Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-20-2015, 10:32 PM   #1
decoyoctopus10
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Display Options for 1/3 Scale Statues

What kind of cases/stands are you guys looking to get to display these Arkham 1/3 Statues? I'd prefer something non-open air but I'm having a tough time finding options.
decoyoctopus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 10:39 PM   #2
strife87
Spider-Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by decoyoctopus10 View Post
What kind of cases/stands are you guys looking to get to display these Arkham 1/3 Statues? I'd prefer something non-open air but I'm having a tough time finding options.
Lol, yeah that is the problem. Think I plan to use a besta and trying to customize a door for the front if I can't purchase one, I don't think it'll be too difficult. If not, they have some other cabinet types at Ikea I'm going to look into.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 11:00 PM   #3
decoyoctopus10

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife87 View Post
Lol, yeah that is the problem. Think I plan to use a besta and trying to customize a door for the front if I can't purchase one, I don't think it'll be too difficult. If not, they have some other cabinet types at Ikea I'm going to look into.
I was looking at the PAX like others have mentioned in the past. I don't know what to do about a door though. glass/arcylic sliding or whatever.

Also, I don't know that the Noel Batman will fit in a besta... Looks too wide.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:13 PM   #4
strife87
Spider-Ham

Quote:
I was looking at the PAX like others have mentioned in the past. I don't know what to do about a door though. glass/arcylic sliding or whatever.

Also, I don't know that the Noel Batman will fit in a besta... Looks too wide.
I don't know about that one, so far I've only ordered the knight batman, have no interest in the Noel, good as it looks. I believe it will fit width wise, as my 1/4 are in bestas, and I'd like them to match.

For a pax door, I'm sure there's a way to hinge a piece of acrylic or glass, there a lot of hinging options out there.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:21 PM   #5
decoyoctopus10

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife87 View Post
I don't know about that one, so far I've only ordered the knight batman, have no interest in the Noel, good as it looks. I believe it will fit width wise, as my 1/4 are in bestas, and I'd like them to match.

For a pax door, I'm sure there's a way to hinge a piece of acrylic or glass, there a lot of hinging options out there.
Lmao, I'm 3 deep in this line already and no where to put them! I really like this sliding door that comes with the pax but it's frosted. I wonder if you can replace it.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:26 PM   #6
decoyoctopus10

Old 10-20-2015, 11:28 PM   #7
strife87
Spider-Ham

Quote:
Lmao, I'm 3 deep in this line already and no where to put them! I really like this sliding door that comes with the pax but it's frosted. I wonder if you can replace it.
I'll bet you can, even taking the dimensions and having your own made I can't see being too difficult. Maybe it's possible to special order a clear door even, never know until you ask. I've been looking around for options myself as I have three 1:3 scale on the way, but like I said, I'm going to try with the besta unit first so my stuff will match.
Old 10-21-2015, 12:01 AM   #8
Comicbookguy
Hercules

I will just display on the floor once I get more than 3 of these.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 04:47 AM   #9
Lionore
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I am certainly buying a protective case for my P1 batman, this P1 Statue is goNna cost me a fortune to bring home, almost double the price than you guys from oversees. So in 2016 most likely i'll MAke it to buy only one 1/3 statue by P1. And i want my money to end up in the best purchase, available!! I am definitely going to protect it, in tHe possible way. It's not just for securing the longevity of as Statue but the museum quality you get when displaying it insiDe a special cabinet.

I'll most likely follow the same route as in my busts, i'll buy a csutom made acrylic cases ,enhanced with UV protection.

I've used it for my HCG TDK Batman bust and is perfect, this bust is huge and the bigger in size to my collection, i bet the 1/3 scale will be in equal height, width and depth. I prefer the acrylic cases because you can view from every angle and side, unlike the besta which enclose the statue.

Lionore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:33 AM   #10
jon.reynolds

There's a ton of examples of people using Pax's w/plexiglass in the Sideshow part of the forum. That's my plan for now when it comes to it.
jon.reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote