VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 02:34 PM   #772
Wah
Shadowhawk

The hated delay notice has arrived
Wah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 03:45 PM   #773
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

For me, I look at the delays as a positive thing. With Prime 1's track record, I don't mind the delays if it helps the production pieces come out as good as their prototypes which is usually the case. Not only that but the delays help give me more breathing room to get money to pay for these things which honestly, sometimes I need. Another silver lining is with the delays, if you ever need to, you have a way to get all your payments refunded including NRD back (if you ordered from Sideshow).

The negative thing with delays is of course you don't get your piece when you expected but for me, the positives far outweigh the negatives.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 04:03 PM   #774
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Comments going around that generally the delays are related to fixes at the factory, attempts to accommodate the no seam request for Venom, etc etc. It appears Prime 1 is making every effort to get us the statues we want with the QC we expect for only the price of patience.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 04:28 PM   #775
floreairfoot
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Comments going around that generally the delays are related to fixes at the factory, attempts to accommodate the no seam request for Venom, etc etc. It appears Prime 1 is making every effort to get us the statues we want with the QC we expect for only the price of patience.
Which is the only thing that matters. It's a statue... it's only purpose is to be looked at
floreairfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 04:10 PM   #776
Cromulon
Justice League

This piece looks sweet. Any updated threads on this one? Does anyone have this on pre-order?

Last edited by Cromulon; 05-08-2018 at 04:11 PM. Reason: more info needed
Cromulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 07:11 PM   #777
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I received my first Prime 1 piece the Anti Venom and nobody should worry about final product. Simply stunning work. I couldn’t find anything wrong with it believe me I tried. Be prepared for one massive statue as Venom dwarfs my Anti Venom in height and width. It’s huge
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 09:18 PM   #778
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromulon View Post
This piece looks sweet. Any updated threads on this one? Does anyone have this on pre-order?
I have it preordered, and I think a fair number of others do too despite so many alternatives coming out around the same time. Many found Sideshow's Venom to be a letdown (though I do think it looks better in-person), and XM's is not easily attainable for many people.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 11:44 PM   #779
pokritz17
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
I have it preordered, and I think a fair number of others do too despite so many alternatives coming out around the same time. Many found Sideshow's Venom to be a letdown (though I do think it looks better in-person), and XM's is not easily attainable for many people.
huh? i've heard quite the opposite, most people were very satisfied with SS and i've seen several YouTube reviewers rate it above XM

edit: especially considering it's half the price
pokritz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 12:17 AM   #780
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokritz17 View Post
huh? i've heard quite the opposite, most people were very satisfied with SS and i've seen several YouTube reviewers rate it above XM

edit: especially considering it's half the price
I was referring to reactions to the statue when it was up for preorder. I do have the same impression that people that ordered it are happy with it, and as I mentioned, I thought the statue did look nicer when I saw it in-person; I still wouldn't buy it though.

I haven't watched any YouTube videos on the statue, so I haven't come across mentions of people preferring it to the XM statue (that'd be particularly interesting coming from collectors with both statues); it's a take I don't personally agree with, but it's also difficult to ignore the price difference between the two for most collectors, as you noted.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote