Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-03-2017, 07:56 PM   #21
Planeswalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

This piece looks absolutely incredible! However it's definitely a missed opportunity to have a cool exclusive. Would have been nice to see the shell opened up with the pilot exposed as a switch out upper torso.
Planeswalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 06:44 AM   #22
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Wow Planes, yeah that would've been an awesome ex!
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 09:43 AM   #23
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Shreck View Post
Lol! Love you man! No you are not talking to yourself it's just even when I read a thread I'm not necessarily commenting. I'm very divided by this piece at the moment as I just have so many things going on at the moment and I'm a bit afraid to make the jump. Although I'm quite certain, when this goes, it will never come back.
Pfhew. Decisions.
Haha, thank you. I'm the same, I'm moving house, I've already got a few expensive statues ordered and I'm pretty much guaranteed to be wanting to buy a few very expensive Prime 1 Alien & Predators soon. So my heart is saying yes to this, while my head is saying probably best not to commit so much money to it. I'm going to put a few items up for sale, and if they sell, I'll order this. As you say, we likely aren't going to see any ID4 aliens of this level again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planeswalker View Post
This piece looks absolutely incredible! However it's definitely a missed opportunity to have a cool exclusive. Would have been nice to see the shell opened up with the pilot exposed as a switch out upper torso.

Glad you think so, I agree. This character may not be to everybodies taste, but it certainly is to mine, I've always loved the ID4 alien design and this resurgence version is close enough for me. I love that they didn't stick the resurgence branding on it also. The base is really nice looking imo, a nice representation of their technology. What this also is, is a great example of what Prime 1 can do with large scale alien statues, and that bodes well given a certain license we're all waiting on from them

That EX would have been great no doubt, but It would have required an entirely new top half sculpt/switch out at minimum. Maybe if these sell well enough, they will offer a split open version from that original scene in ID4. It would be very cool...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 12:29 PM   #24
Python
Omega Red

Sadly, it looks like this and the soldier version have both been cancelled?! Both have been listed as sold out on their site and refunds have been given to at least one customer of the soldier version. Sideshow couldn't clarify whether it had been cancelled, or they just aren't getting them now. I'll message Prime 1 and see if we can figure it out....
Old 03-19-2018, 02:53 PM   #25
Atheris
The Maxx

Dam really wanted this, will make sure I get the bust then. Don't think we'll ever see collectibles from this license again.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 03:17 PM   #26
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

I'm thinking not a lot of people PO'd this so then there seemed to be little to no interest in this line. The life size bust is also still available with a 10% discount I think and it's still not sold out.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 04:11 AM   #27
Python
Omega Red

Here's the official reply I received after reaching out to them...

"Regarding ID4, we are sorry to say that due to unforeseen circumstances, we have been forced to cancel both Alien Soldien and Colonist.
We are very disappointing on cancelling both of them as well since we have put a lot of effort on working in this projects."
Old 03-20-2018, 10:49 AM   #28
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Are these the first pieces they've ever cancelled?
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 11:19 AM   #29
Python
Omega Red

Not sure about past products, but they apparently cancelled a couple of others along with these. Including squeak from transformers.
Old 03-25-2018, 07:35 AM   #30
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Please Prime 1 just make the alien from the 1st ID4 film, not the designs from the second travesty! While I was considering getting the colonist, as we never seen statues made from the first film and that was the colsest as to the first design, I know I couldn’t have helped it to just constantly remind me what an incredibly crappy film it is from. I like the film first and then the related collectible, not the other way around.
That’s why I never understood the Wolf Predator lsf grail stature either. Granted, it’s a beautiful piece, but it’s from an awful film! Not interested.
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote