Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-12-2015, 10:08 AM   #4001
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Hi alex,
same question as dechirico
i think this one has been lost while you were previously answering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Alex, please tell me the new mask on Death is a second switch-out portrait? I prefer the way his mask was at SDCC14.
Eky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 01:56 PM   #4002
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eky View Post
Hi alex,
same question as dechirico
i think this one has been lost while you were previously answering.
I doubt its gonna be a second masked option. All they did was add a bit more detail on the bottom. If anything they should have an unmasked portrait
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 02:06 PM   #4003
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovenor View Post
I doubt its gonna be a second masked option. All they did was add a bit more detail on the bottom. If anything they should have an unmasked portrait
The whole facial area is different.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 08:38 PM   #4004
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

SSA, seems how the LS Vader was not shown at SDCC, can you please let us know when we will be able to see it? this year?
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:38 AM   #4005
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Hi Alex,

Not sure if you have seen the thread created recently about an international collector receiving his item via UPS instead of the usual FedEx.

Is this a sign that Sidehshow is switching to UPS? If so, I'd like to put in my 2 cents and say that FedEx is much preferred over UPS...
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 01:42 PM   #4006
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
Hi Alex,

Not sure if you have seen the thread created recently about an international collector receiving his item via UPS instead of the usual FedEx.

Is this a sign that Sidehshow is switching to UPS? If so, I'd like to put in my 2 cents and say that FedEx is much preferred over UPS...
Hi Alex,

I agree with Bmutha wholeheartedly on this. FedEx is far superior in terms of quality of delivery and customer service.
GaryTonge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:09 PM   #4007
AlbertR213
Sailor Moon

Hi Alex,

Do you know if the emblem on the Modern Age Batman will indeed be different than the prototype? It doesn't look raised and from what I've heard the same thing happened with the first PF.

Do you know why this happens?
AlbertR213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:17 PM   #4008
kimsoyens
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

hi alex, just wondering. i've seen some pics of vader pf. I can see that the saber is not using the new tech just like savage opres pf. will this be his final saber?
kimsoyens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 06:00 PM   #4009
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Alex- any movement on 1/6 Arkham figures?

Also - a 1/4 Bane from The Dark Knight Rises is now needed.

Finally - do you have Liam Neeson's likeness rights for Ra's al Ghul from Batman Begins if you decided to make a collectible, or would you have to seek his approval?
Sorry, I have no news on Arkham 1/6 Scale Figures. Don't know if or when they would be coming.

I'm not sure how the likeness rights for Liam Neeson are set-up, so if we do ever do a Ra's al Ghul piece from 'Batman Begins' that would be worked out if likeness rights were secured and the piece was approved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Hi Alex,

So going forward with sideshow and their quality control, what guarantee's does the company have for us collectors that purchase your products, and they become faulty long after the 30 day return period? I only ask this, because your new Spiderman pf looks great and there is a consideration for a purchase there. But seeing as of late that recently older sideshow releases have been having issues with leaning, Im a bit hesitant to purchase anything from sideshow that has one peg holding up an entire statue.
The 30 day money back return policy is still in effect and I do not see that going away. In cases where something has gone terribly wrong there has been help provided if help could be provided but it's really on a case by case basis. The new Spider-Man piece is being engineered with metal rods that go up from partly into part of the base, then through the arm, and then branches out into the torso of the piece that should keep the piece from sagging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4Life View Post
Hello Alex, When will we ever get to see the new Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton maquette that was previewed a while back? Can you also give us a hint if it will be 1/5 1/4 or 1/3 scale? Thanks!
I do not know when the 12 Days of Sideshow revealed Terminator piece will be done, sorry. I believe this piece is supposed to be 1/4 scale in size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Alex, please tell me the new mask on Death is a second switch-out portrait? I prefer the way his mask was at SDCC14.
What was shown at this years show is the revised mask for Death. This is a truer representation of what the creator of Court of the Dead has in mind for Death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
SSA, seems how the LS Vader was not shown at SDCC, can you please let us know when we will be able to see it? this year?
It's been going through and continues to go through major revisions. I don't believe this piece will be done anytime soon (definitely not in 2015).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
Hi Alex,

Some international customers have started to have pieces shipped to them from a newer Hong Kong warehouse. The only shipper that can be used through that warehouse is UPS. If FEDEX is your preferred carrier please contact our customer service department to let them know you only want FEDEX to be used as your shipper and your account will be noted. After that notation, any future items that may have shipped to you through that Hong Kong warehouse would not go that route and would instead ship directly from our U.S. warehouse (once that item arrived into our warehouse in the U.S. that is) Apologies for any confusion that may have been caused when you saw UPS was being used. This newer warehouse is only being used for certain new items and will only cater to certain international areas for a limited time frame of some new items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertR213 View Post
Hi Alex,

Do you know if the emblem on the Modern Age Batman will indeed be different than the prototype? It doesn't look raised and from what I've heard the same thing happened with the first PF.

Do you know why this happens?
The emblem on the production piece of the Modern Age Batman will be slightly different in that the orange paint that once existed in the emblem on the prototype will not be used. The emblem as seen at SDCC was created in the same way as the prototype emblem. I looked at the emblem myself on the show floor a couple of days ago and it is definitely raised in nature (i.e. the black border and bat are raised up higher then the inner yellow portion). That all said, our production team is looking to get the symbol raised a little more than how raised it was at SDCC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsoyens View Post
hi alex, just wondering. i've seen some pics of vader pf. I can see that the saber is not using the new tech just like savage opres pf. will this be his final saber?
The piece at SDCC was not anywhere near being a final production piece, so I really cannot confirm that what was seen has anything final final on it. Sorry.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 06:33 PM   #4010
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
It's been going through and continues to go through major revisions. I don't believe this piece will be done anytime soon (definitely not in 2015).

well hopefully those revisions will be film accurate and will be an ANH version.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote