Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-14-2023, 02:24 PM   #31
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Also need to see more. Loving the face structure. Loving the hair and pose so far. I'm struggling between stern/calm, and sleepy, for the eyes though. What we see of the boob looks a bit small too.
I agree about the face structure, hair and pose. Love those.

The eyes look stern, but calm. To me anyway.

True about her chest. If that's how it's going to be, then her body sculpt better be on point. Need to be gorgeous.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 02:26 PM   #32
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Based on what has been shown, it looks good.
Since i own a Wonder Woman PF (see: below) i have no urge to own another

LOADING: Image(s)

Wonder Woman PF by Sideshow Collectibles
Sculpt: Will Harbottle

Yup, I have this WW PF too. This next WW PF will need to be exceptional for me to get another one.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 02:34 PM   #33
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Is this a DC censorship thing on the boobies? I don't understand what is happening....Marvel is letting their ladies be curvy like usual. Storm and Psylocke have all their goodies.

Also, I hope those ricochet things are optional to display. Were they optional on the Captain America?
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 02:36 PM   #34
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

If history has taught us anything with Sideshow Wonder Woman pieces. It's to prepare ourselves for the noticeable quality drop on the face paint apps between the prototype and production pieces.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 02:58 PM   #35
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Yup, I have this WW PF too. This next WW PF will need to be exceptional for me to get another one.

Seriously......

these companies really need to start taking heed of these types of statements......

it's now at the point where the prices are just getting too high for these items and space is more and more limited on display shelves in homes.

Bottom line......It will (if isn't there already) be at a point where peeps are just not going to bend to get another character that is the same as they already have on their shelves no matter how beautiful the sculpt......

People.....

they need to start listening because for me, I am just about out of space and the costs are at ceiling for me. So if if it is a character I already have in my collection sorry, but I am not going to commit to buying it no matter how good the sculpt, no matter free shipping, or adding a 15% or 25% off coupon......it is what it is.....Start bringing on what people are asking for and needing in their collections.......

Stop with the revisits already.....especially if you are doing it because another company just released one......

ugh.

dare we go into the wish lists yet again....?

When the Penguin was released it was such a breath of fresh air and there was hope. Then bam....another WW.

SS, you were on track there for a minute with that Penguin.....

Instead of going right, you went left....

Should have went right and released a pic. for a Nightwing, Rahs Al Ghul, Talia, Clayface, etc., etc....

Anyways. Just my opinion.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 03:45 PM   #36
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
[/B]

Seriously......

these companies really need to start taking heed of these types of statements......

it's now at the point where the prices are just getting too high for these items and space is more and more limited on display shelves in homes.

Bottom line......It will (if isn't there already) be at a point where peeps are just not going to bend to get another character that is the same as they already have on their shelves no matter how beautiful the sculpt......

People.....

they need to start listening because for me, I am just about out of space and the costs are at ceiling for me. So if if it is a character I already have in my collection sorry, but I am not going to commit to buying it no matter how good the sculpt, no matter free shipping, or adding a 15% or 25% off coupon......it is what it is.....Start bringing on what people are asking for and needing in their collections.......

Stop with the revisits already.....especially if you are doing it because another company just released one......

ugh.

dare we go into the wish lists yet again....?

When the Penguin was released it was such a breath of fresh air and there was hope. Then bam....another WW.

SS, you were on track there for a minute with that Penguin.....

Instead of going right, you went left....

Should have went right and released a pic. for a Nightwing, Rahs Al Ghul, Talia, Clayface, etc., etc....

Anyways. Just my opinion.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 04:13 PM   #37
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
I?m leaning toward bedroom eyes which doesn?t seem to fit with blocking rapid gun fire. But that?s just me. I think if she were wearing Fredericks of Hollywood lingerie, it would be a perfect match.
Yeah it's seductive or it's falling asleep, there's no point being seductive in an action pose. Do one or the other.

If the stance is quite neutral and just standing upright then I can see this working. I hope the bullet pings are removable though, as I think they look cheap
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 04:17 PM   #38
ukshaun
Hercules

I sense the arms crossed pose was possibly a choice to keep the box size small and shipping cost lower,
or the same (assuming Sideshow profits from shipping as has been suggested in the past).
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 04:24 PM   #39
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I don't think SS gives one hoot about the size of the box or shipping costs.
They are running out of poses to choose their Wonder Woman rehashes so they went with arms crossed and bullets bouncing her bracers - classic WW pose.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 04:25 PM   #40
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:

Arguably the best 1/4 WW on the market. SS has their work cut out for them if they're aiming to one up it.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote