Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 10-20-2010, 09:49 PM   #81
Mal Strife
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Aspen Matthews - Faux Bronze

Mal Strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:51 PM   #82
Mal Strife

Aspen Matthews - Group Shot

Old 10-20-2010, 10:04 PM   #83
dablkpnther
The Secret Six

Man-o-man, Mal Strife seeing all three of these babies is making me drool . They look HOT. Those statues are a thing of beauty. Where did you get these Aspen Matthew statues from? What's the name of the statue anyway?
dablkpnther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:33 PM   #84
Mal Strife

Quote:
Originally Posted by dablkpnther View Post
Man-o-man, Mal Strife seeing all three of these babies is making me drool . They look HOT. Those statues are a thing of beauty. Where did you get these Aspen Matthew statues from? What's the name of the statue anyway?
I'm not sure of the exact name of the statue. All three statues were done by CS Moore and the boxes just call them out as Michael Turner's Fathom. As for where I got them, the two original ones I lucked out and picked up at my LCS (I'd tell the price, but someone on this forum would find me and murder me in my sleep). The FB was not in my budget at first, but after I saw the value skyrocketing I decided to break down and get one. Ended up getting it at retail price on the Bay from Aspen (which also netted me a cool set of mini-prints, one of them signed).

Now I just need to sell my arm, leg, kidney and quite possibly my soul so I can pick up the life-size version FB...
Old 10-20-2010, 10:46 PM   #85
dablkpnther
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal Strife View Post
I'm not sure of the exact name of the statue. All three statues were done by CS Moore and the boxes just call them out as Michael Turner's Fathom. As for where I got them, the two original ones I lucked out and picked up at my LCS (I'd tell the price, but someone on this forum would find me and murder me in my sleep). The FB was not in my budget at first, but after I saw the value skyrocketing I decided to break down and get one. Ended up getting it at retail price on the Bay from Aspen (which also netted me a cool set of mini-prints, one of them signed).

Now I just need to sell my arm, leg, kidney and quite possibly my soul so I can pick up the life-size version FB...
LOL, thanks for letting me know Mal Strife. These statues definitely have the WOW factor in them.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:50 PM   #86
Mal Strife

Thanks! That's why I thought I would share them last out of my current collection. I'm a huge fan of Michael Turner's work and got started into the statue thing kinda late, so I'm trying to catch up on the few pieces Aspen has out there. The price on the Soulfire Grace and her platinum version as well as the Kiani and lava version are the only reasons they aren't in my collection as well.... maybe if I go ahead and sell both arms and legs I might be able to pick them up as well.

On the bright side, the new Aspen statue is pre-ordered and I can't wait to see what kind of variant they decide on for it!
Old 10-20-2010, 11:02 PM   #87
dablkpnther
The Secret Six

Quote:
Thanks! That's why I thought I would share them last out of my current collection. I'm a huge fan of Michael Turner's work and got started into the statue thing kinda late, so I'm trying to catch up on the few pieces Aspen has out there. The price on the Soulfire Grace and her platinum version as well as the Kiani and lava version are the only reasons they aren't in my collection as well.... maybe if I go ahead and sell both arms and legs I might be able to pick them up as well.
On the bright side, the new Aspen statue is pre-ordered and I can't wait to see what kind of variant they decide on for it!
Hats off to you Mal Strife. Taking a cue from you I went all out just to get all 3 Silver Surfers in the collection.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:08 PM   #88
skorpsta
Ghost

Quote:
Thanks a bunch. I just started collecting statues maybe 6 months ago... today has been by far the most expensive day for me.

I plan on taking out most of the boxes and just getting pics of them in the next few days. Unfortunately, I'm still in school and my apartment isn't quite presentation worthy, so it will be a while before I show them all on display...
great pics..and my advice..shop the price on statues..and buy what you love!!..enjoy the hobby!..dont let the hobby make you broke.
skorpsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:10 PM   #89
Rocket
Art of Mod

Great stuff!!
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:52 PM   #90
lukvader
Kindly Asked To Leave

great stuff!²
lukvader is offline   Reply With Quote