Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-27-2020, 04:49 AM   #41
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
The unmasked portrait looks great! A big piece.
As I wrote before, I think Penguin with its bird army is totally stupid.
But I love the Samurai line and was really excited about Penguin. The statue has an incredible amount of details and looks great too but for a character like Penguin that's just too much for me.
Base 75 cm ??
This is not a penguin statue, this is a penguin monument and just drives the price up.
Easy pass
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 05:07 AM   #42
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
As I wrote before, I think Penguin with its bird army is totally stupid.
But I love the Samurai line and was really excited about Penguin. The statue has an incredible amount of details and looks great too but for a character like Penguin that's just too much for me.
Base 75 cm ??
This is not a penguin statue, this is a penguin monument and just drives the price up.
Easy pass
The size of this is crazy. You could fit 4-5 Premium Formats in that space. And this one will be taller than most with the umbrella.

All for a squat dumpy character in 1/4? This isn't exactly Juggernaut or Doomsday here.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 08:50 AM   #43
MasterkillerWSW
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I am a big fan of the Samurai line but this will be a pass for me as well. Too big and too expensive. Still waiting for riddler, scarecrow or a catwoman rework.
MasterkillerWSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 10:21 AM   #44
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Really an amazing piece.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 11:40 AM   #45
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Wow, I've seen this for $1599 shipped. Almost as much as I paid for Shogun. By the time Mr. Freeze rolls around, it'll be $2K lol. We do get a throne and three penguins though. I'll probably PO this later on as I want to see how Scarecrow turns out first.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 04:06 PM   #46
Halcyon
Loki

3 heads (2 grin and 1 masked) and 4 switchout hands.
Statue is something else. Like it.

The mask distracts, prob the deep black color!?
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 08:49 PM   #47
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Although a large piece I think it’s justified as Penguin is a wealthy gangster in the comics . All the stuff around shows that wealth and portrays his power . A seated position for the samurai villages biggest OG. Details everywhere I think it will look great with the other pieces in the line
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 03:13 AM   #48
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"The XM Penguin Daimyo 1/4 scale statue is power-packed with details on all places. What is your favourite detail?"

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 04:11 AM   #49
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"XM Studios is excited to present our next DC Premium Collectibles – Batman Samurai Line statue, The Penguin Daimyo! The unique Samurai line is a result of a creative collaboration between Warner Bros. Consumer Products and XM Studios to showcase the Batman universe in exciting new settings!

A piece power-packed with details, this 1:4 statue focuses on The Penguin, one of Batman’s most prominent adversaries. Daimyo (Japanese for “Feudal Lord”) is the title given to powerful landholding magnate lords in Feudal Japan. A cunning, resourceful lord with strong connections, The Penguin Daimyo luxuriates in his Norimono (a Japanese Palanquin used by nobilities), accompanied by his penguin underlings.

The elaborate Norimono is embellished with traditional Japanese inspired motifs, intricate gold ornaments, and details. Recurring elements related to The Penguin decorate the main panels and roof of the Norimono. Two penguin bodyguards who are of a bigger build carrying the Norimono. The smaller penguin underling serve sake with a side of gunpower for the Daimyo’s consideration. Each of the penguin dons a kasa (Japanese traditional straw hat) and carries various explosives in their backpack, ready to launch destructive firepower when required.

At the feet of The Penguin Daimyo is something interesting… gems in a chest with an emblem most resembling The Joker Orochi’s Oni inspired mask and a basket of fish with dynamite socked through the mouth. Who is the Daimyo making dealings with?"

Old 12-30-2020, 11:35 AM   #50
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"A overview for the power-packed with details and switch-outs! The XM Penguin Daimyo 1/4 scale statue comes with a 3 head sculpt, 2 left-hand and 2 right-hand switch-outs. What would be your number one display option?"