Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-10-2023, 03:06 PM   #531
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
Just to kill SOME speculation...

DC / WB nor Sideshow asked us to change anything on the pose. It was all internal.

I discussed it on Batman Statue Collector a couple of weeks ago (Chad was supposed to but his battery dying dropped him out early) but when Chad saw the Batman work in progress at SDCC, he saw some things he wanted to tweak with it. So after the show he went back to the digital sculpt, which wasnt 100% done anyways, and worked with Guillermo on some changes.

"Tweaks" can have ripple effects, and Chad ended up tweaking a bit more, and got to where the new one is. Not a total reinvention, but yah, its changed a bit.

I see pros and cons to both versions of him. Chad and I dont agree on everything, which I think is healthy, we both bring unique POV's to everything we do. I was happy with the original but I also support Chad since he has a strong passion for DC, and he wanted to see the new JLA trinity line-up through to the end, and that way I could focus more on MOTU, Myths & Monsters, etc.

End of the day, you cant make everyone happy. We're stoked people like what we make and want to support us, and if you're not happy with the new direction we'll probably make another Batman in a couple of years. I hate this one Batman took this long to come out, we shouldve had two Batmans done in that time, but not everything in life goes according to plan. Some of that is on me, some on Chad, and some on circumstances completely out of our hands. But we made it, FINALLY, and Im excited to get onto new stuff and show off this Batman with Superman and Wonder Woman soon... they do all look great together.
thanks for the clarification.

CHAD, if you are reading this, next time please leave the art direction to Igo.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 03:20 PM   #532
gearhead
The Herculoids

If the change wasn't forced then CHANGE IT BACK! Please!! Tweederheads work on all the DC 2.0 stuff has been stellar, and this Batman is good, but it could be great! You said the goal was to make the best Batman yet, well, listen to your fans. At the very least, please just plant his right foot.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 03:31 PM   #533
Igo
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
CHAD, if you are reading this, next time please leave the art direction to Igo.
Lots of our best stuff is because of Chad's Art direction.

Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman is 100% his vision and his AD'ing. Which I think is THE best Michelle Pfeiffer Catwomans ever, and one of my favorite female statues ever.

People have mixed feelings on Flash, which is 100% my AD'ing.

If Chad left the AD'ing up to me on these DC pieces, Id remove all the outside undies
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 04:15 PM   #534
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I agree the original looked way better. Most people are complaining about the tippy toes but I also think the new design looks quite generic. The original one was dynamic and sharp IMO

What people are also frustrated at is the fact the original was shown off and collectors got excited that this is what they'd get, but you pulled a switcheroo and produced something instead that turned out generic and bland, as well as the tip toes being more apparent

Just my thoughts, you can listen or ignore
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 04:22 PM   #535
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
I agree the original looked way better. Most people are complaining about the tippy toes but I also think the new design looks quite generic. The original one was dynamic and sharp IMO

What people are also frustrated at is the fact the original was shown off and collectors got excited that this is what they'd get, but you pulled a switcheroo and produced something instead that turned out generic and bland, as well as the tip toes being more apparent

Just my thoughts, you can listen or ignore
Exactly.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 04:23 PM   #536
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
We're stoked people like what we make and want to support us, and if you're not happy with the new direction we'll probably make another Batman in a couple of years.
Good to hear this. Hopefully the next one will hark back to the true classic/vintage Batman in a museum pose. I wouldn't mind to see Robin and Joker from the same period as well. That would be nice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	batman.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	163342  
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 04:38 PM   #537
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
Good to hear this. Hopefully the next one will hark back to the true classic/vintage Batman in a museum pose. I wouldn't mind to see Robin and Joker from the same period as well. That would be nice.
A neal adams/Jim aparo would be my wish, but they're probably not allowed to do 1/4 anyway
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 05:12 PM   #538
Tailgunner
Fantastic Four

I was really hoping for a yellow oval on an aggressive Bats. Those two versions are worn out for me.
Tailgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 05:25 PM   #539
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Igo

thank you for giving us your feedback. It is good to have some insight into the behind the scenes decisions.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 05:32 PM   #540
Buttmunch
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Just to kill SOME speculation...

DC / WB nor Sideshow asked us to change anything on the pose. It was all internal.

I discussed it on Batman Statue Collector a couple of weeks ago (Chad was supposed to but his battery dying dropped him out early) but when Chad saw the Batman work in progress at SDCC, he saw some things he wanted to tweak with it. So after the show he went back to the digital sculpt, which wasnt 100% done anyways, and worked with Guillermo on some changes.

"Tweaks" can have ripple effects, and Chad ended up tweaking a bit more, and got to where the new one is. Not a total reinvention, but yah, its changed a bit.

I see pros and cons to both versions of him. Chad and I dont agree on everything, which I think is healthy, we both bring unique POV's to everything we do. I was happy with the original but I also support Chad since he has a strong passion for DC, and he wanted to see the new JLA trinity line-up through to the end, and that way I could focus more on MOTU, Myths & Monsters, etc.

End of the day, you cant make everyone happy. We're stoked people like what we make and want to support us, and if you're not happy with the new direction we'll probably make another Batman in a couple of years. I hate this one Batman took this long to come out, we shouldve had two Batmans done in that time, but not everything in life goes according to plan. Some of that is on me, some on Chad, and some on circumstances completely out of our hands. But we made it, FINALLY, and Im excited to get onto new stuff and show off this Batman with Superman and Wonder Woman soon... they do all look great together.
Really appreciate the insight! If the teased silhouettes are anything to go by, the Trinity will look great together. I?m hopeful that the next Batman will be designed to go with his growing rogue?s gallery.
Buttmunch is offline   Reply With Quote