Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 02-23-2024, 10:47 PM   #61
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Yup, I do ask for classic costumes for most of the characters I want to get. But it's not as rare as one might think for companies to do classic costumes.

Tweeterhead does DC characters with classic costumes ...mostly in 1/5, but sometimes in 1/4 also. And lately, Sideshow has been doing classic costumes too. The latest being Elektra. Previous ones include classic Cap, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, etc.

It's ok to ask for and wish for classic costume on this forum. We should always voice our opinions. Just in case the studios/companies are listening. Same way we should always voice that we want a Perez Death Stroke, Byrne Cyclops, Byrne Storm, etc. We shouldn't stop doing so. Keep using your voice .....even if the chance of getting what you want is slim.

On the meantime, I have also bought statues with modern costumes, tho. I bought the "modern" Captain America PF sculpted by Daniel Bel. I bought the modern Black Widow. Same with the modern DD and modern Elektra. I never did mind getting a modern version and classic version of the characters I want or wanted ....as long as the statue look great.
You're not talking about the Elektra that was just revealed right?
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 01:14 AM   #62
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
You're not talking about the Elektra that was just revealed right?
Not sure what part you are asking about. I mentioned Elektra twice. These are the 2 I'm referencing.

AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 01:24 AM   #63
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

I personally like the new Elektra, but I was under the impression that because she wasn't showing enough skin or that the outfit wasn't skimpy enough that collectors were complaining that the new Elektra wasn't classic enough, to actually be called classic?
Old 02-24-2024, 02:50 AM   #64
AC_808
Hercules

Not me. How skimpy her bikini bottom doesn't dictate if the costume is classic or not. Different artist back in the day drew her bikini bottom in different levels of skimpy.

So not every collector agrees that a classic Elektra wore a g-string or thong all the time. True, we wouldn't mind if she wore a skimpy bottom, but it doesn't define her classic costume.

I like the new Elektra, too.

To me, her costume is classic if it looks like this:

Old 02-24-2024, 03:17 AM   #65
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Thanks for posting. So, even more likely to preorder.

I'm only tangently familiar with the character's various costumes, through reading associated titles.
Old 02-24-2024, 04:48 AM   #66
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpool911 View Post
They just showed captain america for this line and just like that im out. They did a modern esque take on his costume which doesnt fit at all with the infinity gauntlet story this dio is based on. Shame
I might as well give up any hope they will make the Neo-classic Iron Man that appeared in the IG arc.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 06:35 PM   #67
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Thanks for posting. So, even more likely to preorder.

I'm only tangently familiar with the character's various costumes, through reading associated titles.

Any time. I'm more likely to preorder too. Just waiting on more pics to be shown.
Old 03-11-2024, 11:12 AM   #68
jlaavenger
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpool911 View Post
They just showed captain america for this line and just like that im out. They did a modern esque take on his costume which doesnt fit at all with the infinity gauntlet story this dio is based on. Shame
I whole heartedly agree.
jlaavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 12:37 PM   #69
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

To be fair while the Cap piece isn't as spot on to me as the Thor and Thanos pieces so far, I am still excited to see what they do with the rest of the characters. To get a Silver Surfer and Nova figures in 1/10 statues is enough to still keep me excited.

All the rest of the pieces really. Doom's concept on page 1 looks good. The concept squares for Vision, Wolverine, Hulk, etc. all look good. Looking back now Cap's pose matches what the concept square showed, so they will be very similar, if not exact, to what was originally shown.

Spider-man does give me some worry. His pose looks like he has 1 hand planted down and kicking out both legs to the side, which I get is a very Spider-man like thing, but eh I'd rather see something different.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 05:26 AM   #70
Squirtle
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I'm torn about whether to get into this line, I feel like at least the core 4 Avengers (Iron Man, Hulk, Thor and Cap) will look great as a mini diorama next to the X-Men diorama.

But also would have liked certain characters not necessarily part of the comic storyline - Ant-Man, Wasp, Hawkeye, Widow

I feel like IS missed a trick by not making this a generic Avengers vs Thanos diorama similar to the X-Men diorama so the potential list of characters isn't so limited, and also with drip-feeding the reveals its hard to get too excited, for me anyway.

I do think Thor and Cap look great though..
Squirtle is offline   Reply With Quote