Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 12-10-2022, 11:42 PM   #141
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
If you ask me - (and you didn't) - making this about money is a huge mistake.

If, in your, heart of hearts, you see the JND version as the "best" version in your opinion, but you skimp and buy the next best thing - you'd have spent your hard earned on a compromise you'll struggle to live with. You'll know the better version is out there, and you'll never be satisfied with what you have - knowing it's inferior.

From that stand point, you're better off buying nothing. Sure, it doesn't get the JND in your collection, but at least you're not wasting cash on a compromise.
Even if the JND looks proto good in hands, if I can't find it for much less than $3k, it's gonna be an easy pass for me. I'd have to wait for someone to offload and hope to score a deal. No sweat if that doesn't happen, but it's just not worth $3k for me. The Prime 1/3 Predator isn't much more than that shipped.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 12:29 PM   #142
darthwhitey
The Herculoids

https://youtu.be/AXZGrhVVI-o
darthwhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 12:37 PM   #143
darthwhitey
The Herculoids

From this video, the Portrait (that hair!) and base kill this one for me, but overall really nice.

I think I’m finding I just don’t like rooted hair on anything. Someone mentioned it’s too doll like. Maybe that’s it…
darthwhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 01:12 PM   #144
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthwhitey View Post
From this video, the Portrait (that hair!) and base kill this one for me, but overall really nice.

I think I'm finding I just don't like rooted hair on anything. Someone mentioned it's too doll like. Maybe that's it?
People keep on saying that, but I'm quite sure the standard doll hair that you can find in toy sections looks nothing like this.

On most high end pieces the amount of hair is far more numerous, and each strand of hair is quite thin.

Unlike my Hot Toys, where the synthetic strands are so thick, and are impossible to style.

And I found Justin's lighting in his video way too harsh throughout.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 01:16 PM   #145
Billy Talent
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Can't stand justin sorry nor do I trust his word, the guy gets free stuff send to him to review and keep.
Here is a better unboxing by ART Statue Collector
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJgx...tatueCollector
Billy Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 01:58 PM   #146
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Talent View Post
Can't stand justin sorry nor do I trust his word, the guy gets free stuff send to him to review and keep.
I watched Art's review. Base and cape both look really bad (which is a shame because I think the rest of the statue is pretty well done).

I will most likely seek out either the Prime 1 or JND version.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 03:21 PM   #147
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Talent View Post
I don't think anyone knows that for sure or not. That's just conjecture.

Though I'm sure he does receive some sort of compensation for advertising TW, but if that's a fixed dollar amount or something else I have no idea.

But I don't really trust his word either (especially after Peacemaker). I couldn't really care less how he's receiving his pieces, as he could be paying for his figures and still be behaving the same. As it's pretty obvious after watching a few videos that's he's 95% positive on everything. And that's fine, as that's his brand. And it seems to be working for him, as his view counts are in the tens, if not hundreds of thousands for each of his videos.

So from his view counts alone, the monies he receives is probably not an so insignificant amount.
Old 02-04-2023, 03:30 PM   #148
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I watched Art's review. Base and cape both look really bad (which is a shame because I think the rest of the statue is pretty well done).

I will most likely seek out either the Prime 1 or JND version.

After watching various reviews online, honestly I hate the base more now than I did before. Just from the 360 degree videos was enough.

In most of our displays, we'll probably never see the base all that closely from the side or back. From the front I think it looks great, but just knowing how bad the other viewing angles are, it's a real turn off.
Old 06-02-2023, 04:11 AM   #149
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 09:27 AM   #150
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

All of a sudden I don't care about the statue anymore. It's disappeared from this photo.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote