Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-04-2023, 07:54 PM   #621
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch0o View Post
Nope it?s not the head that gives the lean illusion. I have pics of other collectors statues from certain angles that show the illusion of a lean and it?s definitely not just because of the head. I?ll post a pic below.
Also the promo pics are taken from a lower angle to show the head tilt. I asked the owner of the closed mouth bust to remove the dread from the seam and take a pic front on. Head tilt looks present in my opinion
So you reckon it's the misaligned leg and torso twist that gives the illusion of lean? I dunno man, the torso and legs look pretty normal to me. It's the tilted bio mask head that seems to throw it off.

Here's a pic of mine facing forward. The only difference I see is different head positions with his tilting more on angle which gives the 'lean' look.

Have you got other pics, maybe ones with lesser lens distortion as that could be also playing tricks on our eyes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230129_102303373.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	260.7 KB
ID:	158782  
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 09:04 PM   #622
Hutch0o
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
So you reckon it's the misaligned leg and torso twist that gives the illusion of lean? I dunno man, the torso and legs look pretty normal to me. It's the tilted bio mask head that seems to throw it off.

Here's a pic of mine facing forward. The only difference I see is different head positions with his tilting more on angle which gives the 'lean' look.

Have you got other pics, maybe ones with lesser lens distortion as that could be also playing tricks on our eyes.
A good way to tell is cover the head with you thumb and look at the body and legs only in the pic. Here?s a pic of one with a very upright pose. In saying all this it could the camera, height, head etc all taken into account so who knows unless you have it infront if you I guess. The prototype had that illusion if a tilt so I guess ones with that are true to the proto. Mine looks like it’s leaning in some pictures but in person it looks perfectly fine
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	A4955940-17E8-406C-A647-11C6D424D90D.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	288.0 KB
ID:	158784  
Hutch0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 09:17 PM   #623
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
A good way to tell is cover the head with you thumb and look at the body and legs only in the pic. Here?s a pic of one with a very upright pose. In saying all this it could the camera, height, head etc all taken into account so who knows unless you have it infront if you I guess. The prototype had that illusion if a tilt so I guess ones with that are true to the proto. Mine looks like it?s leaning in some pictures but in person it looks perfectly fine
Cool, thanks for the extra pic!

After seeing that, I'm even more convinced it's all due to head position. That one his head is tilting the opposite (wrong) direction, which makes it look more 'upright'. Not a hard fix, can always shave the peg and make it tilt the other way.

Covering the head, the body and legs all look the same, I can't see any lean, so yeah me think it's all in the head lol
Old 02-04-2023, 10:56 PM   #624
Dundee
Hydra

This is the prototype with tilted head. Covering the head not as noticeable but if viewed fully it also has that 'lean' look.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20230205-133548.png
Views:	48
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	158785  
Old 02-04-2023, 11:16 PM   #625
Dundee
Hydra

Side by side comparison.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20230205_141402-COLLAGE.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	349.1 KB
ID:	158786  
Old 02-05-2023, 02:23 AM   #626
Hutch0o
Birdman

Quote:
Cool, thanks for the extra pic!

After seeing that, I'm even more convinced it's all due to head position. That one his head is tilting the opposite (wrong) direction, which makes it look more 'upright'. Not a hard fix, can always shave the peg and make it tilt the other way.

Covering the head, the body and legs all look the same, I can't see any lean, so yeah me think it's all in the head lol
Hmm I?m not sure how you aren?t seeing it, look where the skull is that he is holding, look at the torso..body is clearly going to the left regardless of the head. Here?s a side by side.
I do agree the proto had that slight tilt so maybe it?s between the two of these pics in regards to the lean
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0D91C55F-4992-47F6-9FFF-22AABD72952D.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	467.7 KB
ID:	158787  
Old 02-05-2023, 02:28 AM   #627
Hutch0o
Birdman

Quote:
This is the prototype with tilted head. Covering the head not as noticeable but if viewed fully it also has that 'lean' look.
Yeah proto definitely had that noticed it in the booth tour too. Here?s a pic of the two production pieces without the heads where you can see the tilt from the same angle
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	7F3B2701-728A-479E-8CAF-6161236F0BA0.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	403.2 KB
ID:	158788  
Old 02-05-2023, 07:08 AM   #628
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Hmm I?m not sure how you aren?t seeing it, look where the skull is that he is holding, look at the torso..body is clearly going to the left regardless of the head. Here?s a side by side.
I do agree the proto had that slight tilt so maybe it?s between the two of these pics in regards to the lean
I see what you mean. Bizarre indeed. Not as noticeable when viewed separately but when side to side it's easier to see.
Old 02-05-2023, 08:21 AM   #629
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Thanks for this info can you show me where prime 1 said this?
It was mr Matsumoto himself. But will wait for some pictures from members here on SF.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 08:23 AM   #630
Halcyon
Loki

Nice picture Dundee, you have a beautiful statue and it is fully upright in my eyes.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote