Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-17-2023, 11:06 AM   #21
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Perhaps it is the redemption of SSC to pacify irate fans?
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 11:23 AM   #22
Augen
Metal Men

I think my first geek moment was being a young child and my Mom reading "The Hobbit" to me and letting me do the Gollum parts. I was so immersed in that world and the possibilities of imagination.

Anyways, in terms of the event I expect no new statues, maybe some reward points, some sales, and that's about it.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 12:35 PM   #23
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Help me I phucking hate their endless diversity and inclusion desperate marketing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastMan View Post
I hope SS doesn't take this "celebration of pop culture firsts" in that direction. It's gotten so played out.
I don't get how you came to this conclusion when it was just saying the event is about the first time you saw a geeky movie/tv show. Not sure how that becomes diversity/inclusion.

Think they are just doing something different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal10 View Post
Sounds like yet another one of their social media marketing campaigns where they gush about how adorable Grogu is and make fans with nothing better to do participate in childish games.
Seems a fair amount of folks who enjoy them, I just keep an eye out for reward points, besides that i usually don't care about winning there prizes. But anyone who wins genuinely is happy, so cool for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I think my first geek moment was being a young child and my Mom reading "The Hobbit" to me and letting me do the Gollum parts. I was so immersed in that world and the possibilities of imagination.

Anyways, in terms of the event I expect no new statues, maybe some reward points, some sales, and that's about it.
Probably so which is ok, not every event is going to be about revealing a new statue. Plus if you stack rewards it pay's off. I'm still hoping some stuff goes on sale with free shipping for me to even consider something else.

I was bummed about 12 days, but some people taking it a little to far.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 12:50 PM   #24
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
Probably so which is ok, not every event is going to be about revealing a new statue. Plus if you stack rewards it pay's off. I'm still hoping some stuff goes on sale with free shipping for me to even consider something else.

I was bummed about 12 days, but some people taking it a little to far.
I try to set expectations accordingly for events to avoid disappointment. If I get anything that's great, but for the most part I can skip these.

I have $200 in rewards so I am hoping my Captain Marvel Mk. 2 PF waitlist converts as really all I have to use them on right now.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 05:02 PM   #25
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Ugh, this new site design is so generic and ugly. I can't stand when zoomed in low res photos are the "main" highlight photo for an item.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 05:23 PM   #26
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Individual Reward Point entries have been removed. Now you just get a summary of point totals and upcoming expiration date.

But, to allay fears about Reward Points going away, they are prominently referenced on the home page under "Why Shop at Sideshow?".
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 05:25 PM   #27
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Is it me or have they removed edition sizes? I have Frankie Reborn and Dark Knight Returns PF on a wishlist and I don’t see any edition sizes. TDKR is 2500, and I know Frankie was still TBD, but I don’t see anything related to edition size on the new site.
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 05:27 PM   #28
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Individual Reward Point entries have been removed. Now you just get a summary of point totals and upcoming expiration date.

But, to allay fears about Reward Points going away, they are prominently referenced on the home page under "Why Shop at Sideshow?".
Yeah, I saw that too. They are prominently referring to rewards as ?Members get $XX?.
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 05:41 PM   #29
marker2037

Wow, they did remove edition sizes. Vader Mythos shows nothing. What a joke.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 05:52 PM   #30
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
I can't stand when zoomed in low res photos are the "main" highlight photo for an item.
Yeah, I don't like it either. Also, with the old site you could see all the item information right away with a quick scroll (if that), now you have to manually open up several individual sections...lame
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote