Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-31-2023, 03:55 PM   #21
SONICobra
Batman

swamp thing is easily my most anticipated title that was announced

im always interested in a batman movie, personally i have never cared for any of the robins so i guess well see how that plays out
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 04:03 PM   #22
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I want to be excited about this--I SHOULD be excited about this--but I just can't make myself give a ----. DC has dropped the ball so many times for so long that I have zero faith any of this will be better than the nonsense that came before. I really hope they surprise me, but I'm done giving DC the benefit of the doubt.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 04:26 PM   #23
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

Apart from The Batman Part 2, I'm not feeling it. I just don't care anymore. They made too many mistakes to create good will on my part (bring back then fire Cavill while entertaining the possibility of keeping problematic people like Ezra Miller, hiring incompetent writers like Christina Hodson, introducing the Bat-family,...).

Honestly, I'm feeling the "superhero fatigue" right now and I'm sure I'm not the only one...
Liquid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 04:31 PM   #24
SickleClaw
Justice League

I do feel that the confirmation of a Batman Reeves trilogy is the only thing that i am looking forward to right now. Maybe like Joker 2 as well potentially.
SickleClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 05:14 PM   #25
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Kind of underwhelmed, but I'm keeping an open mind. The Brave & The Bold sounds like a soap opera...Batman and his son Damian, we'll see.

Superman Legacy will be based on the All-Star Superman comic run...from Wikipedia: "The series revolves around Superman, who is dying due to overexposure to the Sun, as he accomplishes many heroic feats (The Twelve Labors of Superman) and attempts to make peace with the world before his imminent death."....hmm, different, I'll give it that. Has anyone here read All-Star Superman?

The most interesting to me is the Lanterns series with Hal Jordan and John Stewart, described as DC's version of True Detective...now THAT is intriguing! And though it won't feature Wonder Woman, Paradise Lost as a Themiscyra-based Game Of Thrones type series has promise.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 05:23 PM   #26
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Superman Legacy will be based on the All-Star Superman comic run...from Wikipedia: "The series revolves around Superman, who is dying due to overexposure to the Sun, as he accomplishes many heroic feats (The Twelve Labors of Superman) and attempts to make peace with the world before his imminent death."....hmm, different, I'll give it that. Has anyone here read All-Star Superman?
Drop everything and go read it now. Great story by Morrison and gorgeous art by Frank Quitely.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 05:31 PM   #27
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post

How do we know that's what it's based on? I know they used an image from All-Star Superman in the video presentation, but other than that, have they stated that the movie is an adaptation of All-Star Superman?
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 05:59 PM   #28
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Bringing in the Bat Family into DCEU is a big mistake. That is the only place, i can see a loner Batman... And i appreciate that very much. I have a feeling the General Audiance will hate 999 kid side kicks of Batman as well.
I don't like Damian just being in a movie without starting with Ra's and Talia first. The Bat family could be interesting if they handle them like the Arkham games. But they would need to take their time to introduce all the characters. Batman would need his own universe of 10+ movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Are you freakin kidding me?
Yep. I actually don't mind Damian as Robin. He's a real douche with a killer instinct. Mildly entertaining.

https://youtu.be/wY8XcmrIujE
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 06:03 PM   #29
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
How do we know that's what it's based on? I know they used an image from All-Star Superman in the video presentation, but other than that, have they stated that the movie is an adaptation of All-Star Superman?
great elseworld story but a pretty terrible one to base your new superman franchise on, at least it would have a definitive end
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 06:08 PM   #30
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Swamp Thing? You don't think Gunn's piggy-backing on the critical success of Marvel's Man-Thing spot in WWbN? I do.
Not really, I'd be way more inclined to think they are piggy backing off the well done, and stupidly ill fated (insert conspiracy theory reason here) single season of Swamp Thing done a few years ago. It was well received, so people obviously want the character.

And PS I loved seeing Man Thing, FWIW.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote