Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 09-24-2016, 12:14 AM   #491
Morgul Steve
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdragon View Post
Thanks Morgul Steve! Yes, mine has more of a cream tone in natural light as well - the light in the photos definitely gives her a slight tan. Out of curiosity, does your piece have the 'butt dimple'? I think you can see it on mine in the 4th pic - I'm not sure if that's part of the sculpt or just a divot on mine.
Yeah mine definitely has the butt dimple (she also has a dimple on her back, right above her butt, on the left side). It really is an amazing sculpt. Every time I walk by her I notice a different area that looks so realistic. I wonder who they had model for them.
Morgul Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 12:28 AM   #492
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I like all of Ehren's sculpts.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:03 AM   #493
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Hey statue companies, someone give this guy a job!

Great pics as usual, desertdragon.

Quote:
My Arkhalla arrived today, and to say she's stunning does not do her justice... Here are my observations about her:

* The sculpt is just ridiculously gorgeous... the only piece I have that's comparably beautiful is Mark Newman's Poison Ivy

* She's HUGE

* Her size, combined with the brilliant sculpt, gives her a charisma that photos don't really capture... she completely commands the space around her, and she's just epically wonderful.

As for the drawbacks of the piece, I think others have pretty well described her shortcomings - there's no positive attachment for the statue to the base, so moving her means you're pretty much disassembling / reassembling her (at least I have to). I was dreading the infamous 'bubblegum' nipple color, but oddly on my piece it's not nearly as bad as I had expected - but let's just say she's an indoor kitty for sure :-)

Overall I'm really blown away with how well the piece turned out, and I'm thankful to have her. Attached are some of my glamour shots of her, which again, don't really do her justice.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 12:03 PM   #494
desertdragon
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Man DD seeing your pics makes me really sorry I passed on her. I just thought 1/3 scale was too big and I had other priorities but she looks fantastic for sure.
Thank you TNovak! There's a listing on Ebay for her right now at retail, so you still have a chance - she's totally worth breaking the piggy bank for

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ARH-Studios-...cAAOSw8gVX4FkP
desertdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 12:06 PM   #495
desertdragon
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
Hey statue companies, someone give this guy a job!

Great pics as usual, desertdragon.
haha thanks Valkyrie! Actually, being a photographer for any of the statue companies would pretty much be the coolest job in the world
desertdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 02:33 PM   #496
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
My Arkhalla arrived today, and to say she's stunning does not do her justice... Here are my observations about her:

* The sculpt is just ridiculously gorgeous... the only piece I have that's comparably beautiful is Mark Newman's Poison Ivy

* She's HUGE

* Her size, combined with the brilliant sculpt, gives her a charisma that photos don't really capture... she completely commands the space around her, and she's just epically wonderful.

As for the drawbacks of the piece, I think others have pretty well described her shortcomings - there's no positive attachment for the statue to the base, so moving her means you're pretty much disassembling / reassembling her (at least I have to). I was dreading the infamous 'bubblegum' nipple color, but oddly on my piece it's not nearly as bad as I had expected - but let's just say she's an indoor kitty for sure :-)

Overall I'm really blown away with how well the piece turned out, and I'm thankful to have her. Attached are some of my glamour shots of her, which again, don't really do her justice.
Awesome pics, looks pro with the lights
Armored_Berserk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 09:16 PM   #497
Stormrider
Fantastic Four

Fantastic pics. Can't wait for mine, however not shipping info yet.
Stormrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 09:42 PM   #498
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

This statue sets the bar very high for Arhian 1:3!!! Very high!!!
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 05:48 PM   #499
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Ok... So after about a week of waiting for my return label I decided to reach out to ARH to see what was going on. Mellisa said they were clearing boxes out to make room for the returns. I get it... Makes sense. She didn't have a time frame so I asked... Are we talking two days or two weeks? Ball park something for me so I know what to do with this giant cardboard box in my living room. So she had a fast chat with Arahom and came back with one month. Ugggg.... What a killer!!!! I understand their situation, and I'm going to be patient about this... But I have a creeping feeling inside that I am not going to see Arkhalla fixed and on my shelf for a solid six months. Worse yet, I'm guessing there are people with broke statues that are not as fanatical in their support of ARH as me... I'm sure in the weeks and months to come there will be a lot of strong posts coming from unhappy people. Hopefully there are not that many returns going back, but with the hundreds and hundreds of statues going out, there's got to be a good amount of issues to deal with.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 03:53 AM   #500
deadscary
Frackin!

Well I did order frazetta huntress with cats. But because of the high postage the loonnng wait and after seeing arkhalla I managed to switch it for her. Arrived yesterday, the packaging was excellent and the statue stunning. It had a couple of tiny paint flaws but nothing to worry about. Her little finger and nip looks fine to me.

The only thing is the wife isn't to happy so if I can keep it, who knows. Either way 1 May have to go
deadscary is offline   Reply With Quote