Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-22-2019, 11:45 PM   #1181
Dokstarr
Frackin!

I just unpacked mine and set it up. The Sideshow Red Sonja from last year had to be shifted to a different case to make room for this.

I'm really liking it - just trying to decide if I like it even better without the Phoenix itself behind her. I like the pose and the rampage portrait so much that I wonder if the bird behind just distracts from it.
Dokstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 07:03 PM   #1182
Joel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
i missed out on this piece, but was wondering for those who do have it in hand, do ya'll think 1800-2000 is too much to pay for this piece? those are the average prices I've been quoted at for it, just wondering from those who own it if ya;ll think its worth those prices?
Make sure you try to get some that might be left at any reasonable prices first but failing that, I don’t see this piece going for less than that sorry.

It an incredible statue in hand, so powerful. Just amazing.
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 03:23 PM   #1183
Rogue_Psylocke
Frackin!

New XM Dark Phoenix

I received my Dark Phoenix a few weeks ago only to be disappointed with a broken flame on the base and loose/ broken flame on her hip.

I was lucky enough to have a full replacement sent to me and just un-boxed her this past weekend. All is good with no broken pieces. She went together perfectly with no gaps either.

The only concern with the new one is the Phoenix Birds head has a lot more dark orange on it then the bird from the first one. I tried swapping the birds since I had not sent back the first one yet. This did not end up working as the pieces do not interchange well. The bird body would not go into the new base body from the second one. could barley get it into the slot 1/4 of an inch.

I tried swapping out the entire bird including the flame base that goes into the main base but that ended up with a huge gap at the boulder that sits near the main slot on the base.

So I just stayed with the new bird and will have to live with the darker orange beak/ head on the new one.

I have to give a thank you to Todd from Speculative Fiction Shop for having such great customer service.

It is my second purchase from him and just like my first purchase he is very responsive to customer needs or concerns.

I will definitely be a repeat customer for life and recommend him to friends.

I have attached a photo of the whole statue as well as a close up of the Phoenix bird head. I have noticed reviewing youtube videos and photos on this thread that the bird head colour seems to be quite different from piece to piece.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Whole Statue.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	270.8 KB
ID:	124774   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bird Head.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	225.9 KB
ID:	124775  
Rogue_Psylocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 10:35 PM   #1184
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Looks good to me.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 05:06 PM   #1185
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quick question, does anyone have the actual production weight of this? XM's site says 7.5kg, curious how accurate that is. Thank you!
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 08:21 PM   #1186
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

I'm happy enough with mine. I have the wonky eyes and a few fine lines like scratches on my right boob.

I don't mind the eyes but the lines/scratches are very noticeable in certain light. Anybody else have them?
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 09:47 AM   #1187
Marts
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

No, no scratches on my boobs. Show us your boob so we can assess their quality.
Marts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 10:53 AM   #1188
built2shred
Phoenix

No scratches on my Phoenix chest.. I would take it up with whoever you bought it through. You shouldn't have scratches at all.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 01:22 AM   #1189
b1azer
Doh!

Has anyone bought it through specfictionshop? I still haven't received my statue.
b1azer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 02:19 AM   #1190
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1azer View Post
Has anyone bought it through specfictionshop? I still haven't received my statue.
Shoot me a pm