Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 02-12-2016, 02:44 PM   #11
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
It just occurred to me that her cape in the art work is see-through like lace or something. That would have been nice to have on the statue so we'd have a 360 view of her. It's not a deal breaker ...but a nice to have.
Look at the bottom corner of her cape on the statue... it does look weirdly translucent or something... I actually noticed it even before noticing in the art work.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 03:42 PM   #12
Macethy
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Definitely getting the Raven! Easy pass on Bumblebee, no interest in the character.
Macethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 05:29 PM   #13
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Look at the bottom corner of her cape on the statue... it does look weirdly translucent or something... I actually noticed it even before noticing in the art work.
Hmmm ...it could be. The pic is not that great to verify for sure. But if it is somewhat translucent, then even better.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 10:57 PM   #14
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Raven looks great. No interest in Bumblebee
Ugh, I just can't stand the name plates. I'm not a big fan of this series at all, but there are a couple of pieces I probably would have purchased if it weren't for the damn name plates.

PLEASE DC, make the name plates detachable!!! It really wouldn't be that difficult to do.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:30 PM   #15
Saturnyne
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Ugh, I just can't stand the name plates. I'm not a big fan of this series at all, but there are a couple of pieces I probably would have purchased if it weren't for the damn name plates.

PLEASE DC, make the name plates detachable!!! It really wouldn't be that difficult to do.
The nameplates (save the very first run) are detachable the space they leave when not attached isn't great to look at though.
Saturnyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 02:08 AM   #16
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:

What is your problem with the nameplates? At least they are better than the damn CG bases! LOL
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 02:14 AM   #17
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
What is your problem with the nameplates? At least they are better than the damn CG bases! LOL
Cant stand em. Their guady as all hell. Not to mention ugly. I know what characters are what. I dont need a big a*s nameplate telling me something I already know. By far, my biggest pet peeve in the industry!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnyne View Post
The nameplates (save the very first run) are detachable the space they leave when not attached isn't great to look at though.
Honestly, that part of the base would only remind me that a name plate belongs there. They need to make the bases so if you remove the nameplate, you would never know it was supposed to have one. Otherwise its really not a big improvement, at least not for me.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 02:35 AM   #18
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

just commission your own then
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 04:22 PM   #19
Ark
Doh!

EDIT: wrong thread
Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 07:52 PM   #20
SDguy

Quote:

I know you hate name plates in general. I've seen your other posts. But these don't bother me.... especially since they have the "look" for the series, and show the art.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote