Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-06-2017, 11:11 AM   #521
actionjackson83
Midnighter

We'll see what they do in the end...
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:38 PM   #522
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

I agree it does seem drastically darker. Ive collected many X-men comics and I know her colour could fluctuate....but I don't recall her being that dark especially on a regular basis...Hopefully this can be rectified by XM.
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:45 PM   #523
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
But, do they really listen to customers in the general sense? Or, do they really only listen to a tiny subset of particular customers?
The latter apparently. As we know the Radd titans(group) opinion holds weight over at XM, i'm guessing folks saw how red xm storm appeared in their video, and complained to XM.

Radd titans video make storm appear much redder compared to ALL other videos were she is a nice dark brown.
Also i'm sure XM watches radd titans videos and saw how red the statue appeared

radd titan/red storm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZz-9gd4JSc

superjedi:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzVdmfpXPxQ

Nchan:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dv4F8iuVpw

Sisco's:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzS2TwRfDmo

I'm sure there are more videos out there to reinforce this point.

This statue went from a must have to an easy pass...SOOO disappointing.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:31 PM   #524
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I don't think they can keep her with this Dark of a skin-tone. They adjusted the skin tone once, I don't see it being that hard to do it again because she has so little skin showing. What I'm really worried about is that if they adjust it to something everyone likes with the prototype, will the production pieces follow that same skin tone?
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:38 PM   #525
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I don't mind the 2nd head with the 2nd pair of arms (displayed on the last page or two).

My issue has become this - I wasn't thrilled with the white costume in the first place, but I kinda gave it a pass because of the silver parts on her torso and the fact that the pose, sculpt and portrait are so damn good. The original skin tone did look a bit red at first, but once I saw the Radd Titan and It's Sisko videos with better lighting, I loved it. However, now they've gone in and changed the skin so drastically, I'm having a hard time accepting it. It's now a situation of feeling (to me) like the whole statue (minus the base) will need to be completely repainted. So, you have the cost of the statue (around $780 USD) + another $200-300 for shipping + another $300-400 to have it re-painted to how it should have been painted in the first place.

I just don't know if I want to spend that kind of money.
This entire post is spot on for me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
The latter apparently. As we know the Radd titans(group) opinion holds weight over at XM, i'm guessing folks saw how red xm storm appeared in their video, and complained to XM.

Radd titans video make storm appear much redder compared to ALL other videos were she is a nice dark brown.
Also i'm sure XM watches radd titans videos and saw how red the statue appeared
It's ridiculous how Radd Titan has so much sway when he doesn't even like Storm and tolerated the statue at best. Why is he being asked about what Storm should look like when he doesn't even care about the character?!

As for the red undertones, it showed up in his video and in still photos. And while other videos showed the red undertones, his showed them the most. So IMO XM needed to make a small change -- not this insane overkill change which in turn ruins the piece.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:59 PM   #526
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Fact of the matter is even seeing it in person at at terribly lit environment will still look terrible color tone wise.

I should know all of this first hand because of my absolutely poor lit apartment.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:06 PM   #527
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I'm holding out hope it's the lighting.

I said that she could be darker, or more mocha, but never as dark as TChalla. Her skin tone wasn't a deal breaker, just had too much red undertone for my liking. But if I have to pick between the two I will take prerepaint

They may have made her a little darker, but the lighting is killing this piece. Look at how much darker her boots are btwn the two shots. Dammit - somebody snap some more pics lol
This is all your fault! You butchered your favorite character! JK!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:12 PM   #528
nearmint
Phoenix

If only it had more red.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:13 PM   #529
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I TRIED to save her, but nobody listened

Yes, there is a case of bad fluorescent lighting, but she has been changed. Whenever XM gets back home to the shop, they need to take pics of her and post them STAT.

This is getting uglier by the day.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:15 PM   #530
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

No one said they changed the coloring, but everyone is talking why they changed the coloring.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote