Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old Yesterday, 12:56 AM   #29991
Sonic Boom
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Road House (2024) - 5/10
I wasn't expecting Shakespeare, but Connor was horrible in this.

Madame Web - 4/10
About on par with Venom 2 and Morbius. However, it's a babysitting mission and incredibly boring.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:21 AM   #29992
SONICobra
Bane

dune part 2 8/10

visually stunning, for some reason though the dune movies just dont hit that sweet spot for me where im blown away and keep thinking about the film for hours later
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:29 AM   #29993
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
dune part 2 8/10

visually stunning, for some reason though the dune movies just dont hit that sweet spot for me where im blown away and keep thinking about the film for hours later
There's no real emotional connection, I think.

If Darth Vader had killed Luke rather than just cutting his hand off, that would have been a bit upsetting, but if someone had killed Paul Atreides, I would've been like, okay, can we get back to Zendaya now?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:52 PM   #29994
MKS
Nightwing

I made it through the first hour last night and it?s OK so far. Not great, but not terrible. Production and cinematography is not where the budget went on this one. At times it seems like TV show quality. It also seems like every line from the villain, Ezekiel, is dubbed. It just sounds different from other actors dialogue. Plan to get to the rest later tonight, but first hour was watchable and lightly entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKS View Post
It seems like my hope of ?hey, maybe I will like it? is pretty unlikely. I am going to give it a shot. Is it another example of bad writing like The Marvels?
MKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:39 PM   #29995
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
dune part 2 8/10

Yeah these recent Dune flics are definitely good but they wont have the lasting effect of the OG Star Wars movies or Lord of the Rings. It just doesn?t have the underlying message of hope and goodness like those do.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:50 PM   #29996
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

I had a big Dune weekend:

Dune (1984) - A Duke's son leads desert warriors against the galactic emperor and his father's evil nemesis to free their desert world from the emperor's rule.

I'm surprised at the positive reviews. Much of it seems like a joke now. 4.5/5

Dune (2021) - A noble family becomes embroiled in a war for control over the galaxy's most valuable asset while its heir becomes troubled by visions of a dark future.

I like that it takes its time with a lot of world-building. This is how the movie should be done. 8.5/10

Dune: Part Two (2024) - Paul Atreides unites with Chani and the Fremen while seeking revenge against the conspirators who destroyed his family.

With even more action, it's better than Part One. 9/10

Jodorowsky's Dune (2013) - The story of cult film director Alejandro Jodorowsky's ambitious but ultimately doomed film adaptation of the seminal science fiction novel.

This is actually my favorite of the four films. Jodorowsky is a real character. 9/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:45 PM   #29997
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

The 2 Sci-Fi channel Dune miniseries were really well done if you get a chance to watch them.

Frank Herbert’s Dune from 2000 and Frank Herbert’s Children of Dune from 2003. Lots of great actors in it. They are available on DVD.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote