Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-24-2017, 09:24 PM   #321
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Instinct View Post
Don't be baffled just keep trying to hunt down every post I make to try to prove a mute point since I called you out for drinking sugar water along with your friend, lol. SSC is still hiring FYI!

She looks chubby to me but if people like her and don't see that more power to them. The base cannot compare IMO to the last RS but again if this one is your flavor then drink away.

I'm talking to forps anyway with my comments
Yeah thats what I do, hunt down your posts, like you don't bounce from thread to thread spouting off. And when you comment on an open forum you open your comments up to anyone on the board. Didn't think that needed explanation.

You take every comment I make pretty personally, you sure you don't need some one to talk to? Professionally I mean.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:49 PM   #322
darren1228
Zot

Can we have KI banned already. He makes every thread unbearable.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:20 PM   #323
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

I wish he'd make a mute point lol
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:24 PM   #324
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavehawk78 View Post
I wish he'd make a mute point lol
I wasn't going to go there.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 12:39 AM   #325
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

The Red Sonja is a really gorgeous looking statue. But I refuse to collect multiples of the same character, so I gotta pass =(

I MIGHT, however, consider buying one to have a customizer turn her in to a Mara Jade for me, since that's my #1 dream statue (that will never see the light of day for some reason), and this Sonja could really do her justice imo
DiscoCougar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 04:32 AM   #326
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
I cant believe people really think this chubby face Red Sonja was better than the last Harbottle one with the greatest base possible with the dead snake. Sure the paint app wasn't all that impressive and it had issues here and there but if you got lucky with a nice one or had it repainted it really was the best Red Sonja to own.

This one for me was meh.

Another Red Sonja so soon is also laughable
Honestly, I agree.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 05:33 AM   #327
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
The Red Sonja is a really gorgeous looking statue. But I refuse to collect multiples of the same character, so I gotta pass =(

I MIGHT, however, consider buying one to have a customizer turn her in to a Mara Jade for me, since that's my #1 dream statue (that will never see the light of day for some reason), and this Sonja could really do her justice imo
Wow, this I would have to see! I can only imagine how much work would need to be done to change from Red Sonja to Mara Jade.

Quote:
I cant believe people really think this chubby face Red Sonja was better than the last Harbottle one with the greatest base possible with the dead snake. Sure the paint app wasn't all that impressive and it had issues here and there but if you got lucky with a nice one or had it repainted it really was the best Red Sonja to own.

This one for me was meh.

Another Red Sonja so soon is also laughable
It's a great sculpt / concept. She certainly seems a little less ripped then Sonja 2. But so what, it's just a different take on a fictional character. Now you've made your point (a number of times) why not let it go, move on, and let those that are interested in the product enjoy it in peace!
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 04:09 PM   #328
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

All in all, the best 5 from Sideshow (Thanos apart of course)

Swamp Thing Maquette
(big-check, detailed-check, different from the norm-check, HAND-sculpted-check)

Red Sonja PFF (i love the attitude of this statue)

Lady Deadpool PFF (the perfect companion piece for the LSB and the new Deadpool PFF)

Iron Man 3 Maquette
(the SLEEPER hit, virtually nobody talks about. Probably the BEST Iron Man Sideshow ever came up with)

Batwoman PFF

(6th place the whole COTD line and 7th place, the new Boba Fett LSB)
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 02:26 AM   #329
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

After watching all the reveals and looking for anything I missed, I would say nothing caught my attention that was new. Gives me the opportunity to evaluate other things I was on the fence for already in the mix. Strangely the same thing for P1 at Wonderfest. Sad but in a good kind of hypeless train sort of way. One less person competing for those preorders!
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 04:46 AM   #330
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
After watching all the reveals and looking for anything I missed, I would say nothing caught my attention that was new. Gives me the opportunity to evaluate other things I was on the fence for already in the mix. Strangely the same thing for P1 at Wonderfest. Sad but in a good kind of hypeless train sort of way. One less person competing for those preorders!
I found some of the new Sideshow stautes interesting, and want 2 or 3 of them. The same cannot be said for the latest Prime1 statues shown on Sunday. Not one statue interested me. Prime1 do have some interesting lines arriving in the future. there is hope yet of me buying a Prime1 statue
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote