Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 04-19-2017, 07:30 PM   #9651
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Go through the retailer you purchased it from. Customs is your job, I'm not familiar with every country and their customs practices however you should be able to reclaim ur money if you show that it was returned. Is it extra work? Yrs, but that's what you get for importing
I bought from pcs

Good to know that's what I get for importing
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 07:39 PM   #9652
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
I bought from pcs

Good to know that's what I get for importing
So contact cs to return. And yeah importing sucks, but that's how it goes talk to your customs about the fee
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:50 PM   #9653
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Its important to note that while it seems like a lot of negative voices...for the most part, its the same half dozen people who are always negative.

As far as our QC. Every company runs into issues at times. With the amount of statues we manufacture there will always be a problem, just like there is with Sideshow.

I dont see the Kanji as a big deal. If you think having some minor cracks on the back of the Kanji is such a big deal that you would just rather not have the statue, thats your prerogative.

We have been to this rodeo before where something happens and a few very loud voices makes it seem like a huge percentage of customers are unhappy...then , in reality, we end up with a dozen cancels. Thats it.

Thus far, we have never had a massive cancellation on anything. Its always just a few very loud voices.
Pareto strikes again.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:03 PM   #9654
qz33
Doctor Doom

This thread shows why this keeps happening. People aren't willing to put their demands where their money is.

Of even the most vocal critics I'm yet to see anyone state they will return the statue. FOMO strikes again.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:06 PM   #9655
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

Once they stop being flippable, you'll see more returns or less POs. For now, the business is good.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:11 PM   #9656
qz33
Doctor Doom

Well here's what Vince-Vell had to say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell
hard to tell, someone is supposed to send me a akuma down the line to redo but not sure if I'm still getting it. If i do ill prob be able to make a video about it. More or less its white paint, white paints are more chalky and crack if its cheap kind.
It may be worth sending him a Shin to see if he can figure out a repair.

Again the culprit may be Chinese lowest common denominator materials.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:20 PM   #9657
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
This thread shows why this keeps happening. People aren't willing to put their demands where their money is.

Of even the most vocal critics I'm yet to see anyone state they will return the statue. FOMO strikes again.
I'll live with the Gi up on shin. As I said before I'll keep it but I'm not happy. I'm going on past history that this sorta thing is just an unfortunate mistake and I trust it won't happen again. If it became more common yeah you could bet I'm gonna have a ----ing problem :| First 1:3, not great to have a problem like this on the first one :|
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 12:56 AM   #9658
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:

#TRUTH
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 12:59 AM   #9659
rrjrstatueman
The X-Men

Quote:
Putting anything on top of a cracking foundation rarely yields satisfactory results.

I've sent a PM to Vince-Vell to see if he can provide us with any wisdom towards a solution.
That is correct by adding more paint does not cover the cracks , the best thing to do,is mask the areas , then use build up primer which can be found at your auto body store , but must be careful as I don't know what paint they used on this and it can have a paint remover reaction , yet I have used this on all statues I have worked on with no issues yet . As for why it cracked that's a tough one , if in fact sliding decals were used some could crack once dried , if the paint is what is cracked , not sure what could have caused that , maybe too thick and once dried it could crack . One question I do have these pictures seem to be very micro, so are the cracks actually visible with the naked eye on a normal viewing distance ?
rrjrstatueman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:08 AM   #9660
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrjrstatueman View Post
One question I do have these pictures seem to be very micro, so are the cracks actually visible with the naked eye on a normal viewing distance ?
Yes
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote