Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 03-25-2017, 05:48 PM   #21
A Cimmerian
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
And it is coming up soon too. Man April is going to kick my hobby budget in the Jimmy.

Not that anyone cares but I could be seeing all of this by the end of April

1. Fat with Cats - Level52
2. ARH Barbarian Repaint - Hanna Myers
3. ARH Viking Repaint - Saul Alvarez
4. Kane with Tentacles - Kostas Kronis
5. Commissioned original oil painting - Ken Kelly

Plus if Chronicle comes out with anything Frazetta or ARH does Hades I will have to come up with PO money for those too.
Can you tell me more about the Level52 Woman with cats and Kostas Kronis ? I checked the Level52 website but there was no price.
A Cimmerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 05:56 PM   #22
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Congrats Darrin! Wanna see how your Barbarian and Viking turn out.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 06:30 PM   #23
Rokdweller
Birdman

The Barbarian statue is amazingly transformed in the hands of a professional painter! Love mine... Easily worth the cost for me!
Rokdweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 07:24 PM   #24
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Cimmerian View Post
Can you tell me more about the Level52 Woman with cats and Kostas Kronis ? I checked the Level52 website but there was no price.
They haven't even hinted at a cost yet... I'm guessing its going to be up in the $800-1K range.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 09:19 PM   #25
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
They haven't even hinted at a cost yet... I'm guessing its going to be up in the $800-1K range.
That's not true, Chris posted in the Level52 thread in late December the following:

"Also every 1/4th will come with a dedicated art print, black foam packaging, and a high quality art box.
As for cost, nothing is official yet, but we want to price accordingly, but not outrageous. Catgirl will be huge, so her cost will be a little higher, but likely not over $650-$750, And these will be pretty limited, in the 200 to 300 es range. All quality control will be handled at our logistics center in person by us, so when shipments come in we will dedicate the time needed to qc all statues by hand, and promptly send them out. "

I agree though that I think that price point will be too low and we will likely end up paying more once all things are considered.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 09:28 PM   #26
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Level52 has it's own thread here http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=158760 and maybe a few others and they have a couple of pages on FB.

RE Kostas he is a very talented young sculptor that is working on his own in Greece. He does the kind of stuff we like. He did some Death Dealers and for me I loved the Frazetta Bloodstone he did

There were only 20 Bloodstones and I know Marcel, Shedman, and I each got one. They were painted by his talented wife Polyxeni who also lives in Greece (obviously) but then he got hate mail from a guy who said he was Jr's attorney telling him not to do Frazetta stuff anymore so he quit that.

The Kane with Tentacles I was talking about is based on Chris Achileos alternate cover to "Darkness Weaves" that had Frazetta's Kane on the Golden Sea as a cover. I don't have the painted statue at my fingertips but here is what it is

Shedman, Marcel, and I have ordered this one too. Kostas sells most of his stuff stateside through FB I think.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:31 PM   #27
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
Congrats Darrin! Wanna see how your Barbarian and Viking turn out.
Thanks man! I am really excited about both as well. Saul just finished up a American Werewolf of London kit he had been working on and says he will be started on my Viking soon. Once he starts Saul is very fast. Hanna thinks she only needs about a month on the Barbarian as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokdweller View Post
The Barbarian statue is amazingly transformed in the hands of a professional painter! Love mine... Easily worth the cost for me!

Agreed. I was fine with the paint on the ARH DD on a horse and thrilled with the paint on Atlantis and I didn't order Huntress or DD3 but the Barbarian paint job really didn't do the sculpt justice IMO, and I don't mean to insult Arahom or ARH with that comment, it is just that the colors in the painting are very complex and I really want to see it rendered closer to that.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:26 PM   #28
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
That's not true, Chris posted in the Level52 thread in late December the following:

"Also every 1/4th will come with a dedicated art print, black foam packaging, and a high quality art box.
As for cost, nothing is official yet, but we want to price accordingly, but not outrageous. Catgirl will be huge, so her cost will be a little higher, but likely not over $650-$750, And these will be pretty limited, in the 200 to 300 es range. All quality control will be handled at our logistics center in person by us, so when shipments come in we will dedicate the time needed to qc all statues by hand, and promptly send them out. "

I agree though that I think that price point will be too low and we will likely end up paying more once all things are considered.
I stand corrected. You're right. I forgot that post, but I remember it now on rereading your post.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 12:02 AM   #29
A Cimmerian
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Level52 has it's own thread here http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=158760 and maybe a few others and they have a couple of pages on FB.

RE Kostas he is a very talented young sculptor that is working on his own in Greece. He does the kind of stuff we like. He did some Death Dealers and for me I loved the Frazetta Bloodstone he did

There were only 20 Bloodstones and I know Marcel, Shedman, and I each got one. They were painted by his talented wife Polyxeni who also lives in Greece (obviously) but then he got hate mail from a guy who said he was Jr's attorney telling him not to do Frazetta stuff anymore so he quit that.

The Kane with Tentacles I was talking about is based on Chris Achileos alternate cover to "Darkness Weaves" that had Frazetta's Kane on the Golden Sea as a cover. I don't have the painted statue at my fingertips but here is what it is

Shedman, Marcel, and I have ordered this one too. Kostas sells most of his stuff stateside through FB I think.
Thank you ! That Bloodstone is amazing ! I will try to get in touch with him and buy one if the price is not too outrageous.
A Cimmerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 02:44 AM   #30
Marcel54
Hellboy

Quote:
Thank you ! That Bloodstone is amazing ! I will try to get in touch with him and buy one if the price is not too outrageous.
Additonal info: they now go under the name Epic Statues on FB and Kostas his last name is Krasonis and his partner's name is Polyxeni Dalla. They are also on FB under their own name.

Here are a few photos of the painted Kane II without the tentacles.....they are in the box
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kane II 1.jpeg
Views:	42
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	103171   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kane II 2.jpeg
Views:	31
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	103172  
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote