Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 02-07-2015, 06:19 PM   #101
Underdog07
Hercules

Here is an idea -- thinking off the top of my head

EVS was pivotal in getting Rob Granito banned from conventions because of how he was treating artists and copyrights etc

Perhaps people could email/write to convention organizers that EVS has stolen money from them at shows and that EVS likely will steal money at their show that he is appearing at. That hits him in the pocket book which I think is the only thing he listens to
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 02:26 AM   #102
KJ_81
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfinn123 View Post
EVS seems like one of those guys who takes money and doesn't deliver -- I had -- as I said -- big problems with him. Now, I do a chargeback on day 44 via paypal...I offer to repay but I make clear that every 44 days I will file with Paypal...gotta protect yourself
Is this necessary with Paypal now offering up to 180 days of buyer protection in place of the 45? As soon as I saw that policy change I thought of horror commissions, so I'll be disappointed if they're still restricted.
KJ_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 08:24 PM   #103
Underdog07
Hercules

He had time to do this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121563212736?afsrc=1&rmvSB=true
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 08:35 PM   #104
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Seems like he's always chasing new money at the expense of the people he's already taken money from. I'm guessing he lives a lifestyle that he can't really keep up with.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:25 PM   #105
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Seems like he's always chasing new money at the expense of the people he's already taken money from. I'm guessing he lives a lifestyle that he can't really keep up with.
F@ck this guy. Considering all of the people who're waiting ages for their pieces, he cant even make an excuse at this point that people should listen to. That chance has come and gone IMO. Spread the word and let everyone know not to give him any business.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 02:01 PM   #106
aric
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Folks, if there is any way I can help out, please p.m. me....I have had some success in helping folks get their art
aric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 02:43 PM   #107
TSM_in_NY
Frackin!

Plain and simple, the man is completely untrustworthy.

He agreed to do a piece for me on two consecutive occasions and then didn't deliver.

When told I would be picking up a pre-paid piece for a friend he and his (now-ex) wife accused me of trying to steal the artwork.

He has zero financial motivation to do any of the pieces that he can't be forced to give a refund on. If any of those folks get a piece from him I will be both shocked AND amazed.

I followed him on FB for the longest time and if he spent even a fraction of the time on the artwork he owed people as he did being an attention ----- and going to concerts none of this would have been necessary.

But sending your kid to military school, paying for a divorce and subsequent support payments and all those concert tickets isn't cheap is it, Ethan?

I, sincerely, hope you get what's coming to you.

Your friend, TSM-in-N.Y.
TSM_in_NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:40 PM   #108
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

refunds for all!

carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 05:45 PM   #109
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Has someone ever thought about starting a "fan" page on Facebook, something named along the lines of Ethan Van Sciver Owes Me A Commission, or something like that? Anyone that does a search for his name, be it on Facebook, Google or the like, will surely have that page come up as a result. Anyone who's been screwed will probably find it and post their story. I can't imagine Ethan would like that very much and it may result in either artwork being completed or refunds being issued.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 06:02 PM   #110
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
Has someone ever thought about starting a "fan" page on Facebook, something named along the lines of Ethan Van Sciver Owes Me A Commission, or something like that? Anyone that does a search for his name, be it on Facebook, Google or the like, will surely have that page come up as a result. Anyone who's been screwed will probably find it and post their story. I can't imagine Ethan would like that very much and it may result in either artwork being completed or refunds being issued.
I like this idea a lot. FB is a powerful tool and will get attention if there is enough activity on the group.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote