Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-27-2018, 04:33 PM   #331
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Can't wait to see what SS reveals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
I like Jim lee, but I really want back the purple long hair no googles cat woman!
Early 90s catwoman? That's my favorite version.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 05:59 PM   #332
Sjb
Justice League

Not sure where the seam would go for a switch out head. Perhaps it goes all the way down to the back pack. That would allow for both styles... one with goggles and an unzipped top and the other without goggles and a top that runs up to the hood.
Sjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 07:45 PM   #333
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger176 View Post
+1

Both the tease and the print seem to have the same costume design except for the head. I'm wondering if we're looking at both the regular version and the exclusive.
Exactly. That's the hope ...to get both portraits.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 12:09 AM   #334
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post
2007? No, that whole suit, goggles and all, was designed by Jim Lee back in 2001, the suit and goggles are on full display throughout Hush.
I was partially right, the first appearance was Batman: Ego comic which he did in 2000 but didn't get published until 2007...

Either way I don't like the look of the goggles.... Seems she would have something more high-tech looking then old style race goggles...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 01:22 AM   #335
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjb View Post
Not sure where the seam would go for a switch out head. Perhaps it goes all the way down to the back pack. That would allow for both styles... one with goggles and an unzipped top and the other without goggles and a top that runs up to the hood.
I might get lynched, but I wouldn’t mind to not have her skin showing if it means I get both portraits. Don’t need exposed cleavage on all Catwoman pieces for her to look sexy and pretty. Just another cliche look usually paired with the goggle suit.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 01:25 AM   #336
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I might get lynched, but I wouldn’t mind to not have her skin showing if it means I get both portraits. Don’t need exposed cleavage on all Catwoman pieces for her to look sexy and pretty. Just another cliche look usually paired with the goggle suit.
Again, another great post. You're on a roll tonight!
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 02:23 AM   #337
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Quote:
This is pure heresy! Clearly you are in league with The Warp
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 03:03 AM   #338
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post

Early 90s catwoman? That's my favorite version.
Yes! or a new version like the 90s cat woman please! I actually like the first pose and costume more. Same as the rest of you all, getting tired of the goggle version.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 03:34 AM   #339
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:

built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 06:35 AM   #340
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post
2007? No, that whole suit, goggles and all, was designed by Jim Lee back in 2001, the suit and goggles are on full display throughout Hush.
I was partially right, the first appearance was Batman: Ego comic which he did in 2000 but didn't get published until 2007...
Nope.

Catwoman only appeared in one panel in Darwyn Cooke's 'Batman: Ego' as kind of a flashback, and she was wearing a 'retro' costume there. By the way, you're mixing it up with the collected edition - 'Batman: Ego' did get published in 2000, and was later collected as ' Batman: Ego & Other Tails' in 2007.

Cooke fully redesigned Selina's costume when he and writer Ed Brubaker started a new Catwoman series in 2001.

Quote:
Don’t need exposed cleavage on all Catwoman pieces for her to look sexy and pretty
Agreed.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote