Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 10-13-2013, 11:47 PM   #101
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave

For those who want to inspect Ares from head to toe from every conceivable angel..This video is 100% dedicated to the ARH God of War piece

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=42uyngjnOWk
Hercules75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:57 AM   #102
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
ARH is a small company compared to SS, they wont get the discounts from the factory's that SS get.The 600$ price tag is pretty much what ARH thinks it is worth and what customers will pay for it.In saying that I don't think their stuff is on par with Sideshow's.
True, but their statues are quite impressive. I wish the faces are more "Life" like.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:17 AM   #103
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
True, but their statues are quite impressive. I wish the faces are more "Life" like.
They seem to go with more of a comic book style/look. I like it.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:48 AM   #104
smtown1
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I think part of the eye in Ares install two bulbs, when illuminated better reflect the characteristics of God's eye.
smtown1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #105
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
ARH is a small company compared to SS, they wont get the discounts from the factory's that SS get.The 600$ price tag is pretty much what ARH thinks it is worth and what customers will pay for it.In saying that I don't think their stuff is on par with Sideshow's.
I don't think it will 600$.Looking more like the thor they had 450-500$
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:52 AM   #106
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Agreed. They seem to be too focused on making the biggest pieces possible with detail taking a back seat. This piece looks better then their Conan Dio but still not quite where it should be imo for this scale and rumored price.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #107
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules75 View Post
After their smashing success with the Suckerpunch girls line, Gentle Giant decided to create a new line of highly detailed deadly & gorgeous girls..this time the girls are generic and the price has been tripled..Their first offering..a red variant of the scuba diver sold out within minutes at $700 each...ES was 100
I wonder how much of this was speculative though after seeing what the initial SP girls, particularly the variants, were doing in the aftermarket.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #108
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
I am just not seeing what some of you are not with these ARH sculpts. I can't see how anyone doesn't see the amount of details in these statues, especially the Ares. I honestly can't think of another SS statue at $600 that is more detailed than Ares. I honestly can't think of one.

I look at Gladiator Hulk at $599, and quite honestly, the only thing I see detailed on that is the shield....but ironically, its the one thing that people have the most problem with (because it covers his body...which I don't think it does from over 80% of the angles people would have him displayed as).

I am not saying anyone is wrong or right in this argument, I am simply saying, I don't see what some are saying about Ares lacking detail.

I wonder if ARH's statues would be better if they were done in vinyl with a polystone base.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #109
no gears
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I am just not seeing what some of you are not with these ARH sculpts. I can't see how anyone doesn't see the amount of details in these statues, especially the Ares. I honestly can't think of another SS statue at $600 that is more detailed than Ares. I honestly can't think of one.

I look at Gladiator Hulk at $599, and quite honestly, the only thing I see detailed on that is the shield....but ironically, its the one thing that people have the most problem with (because it covers his body...which I don't think it does from over 80% of the angles people would have him displayed as).

I am not saying anyone is wrong or right in this argument, I am simply saying, I don't see what some are saying about Ares lacking detail.

I wonder if ARH's statues would be better if they were done in vinyl with a polystone base.

I guess they need to add arm pores like sideshow to look more detailed lol. I don't know I think they all look fantastic. Angel of Darkness looks a little stiff or something but aside from her they look great.
no gears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:48 PM   #110
wanderlai
The Tick

They all look good. There some things I don't care for but its mostly the high price that's putting me off. At least we all have choices I guess...lol.
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote