Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 08-14-2013, 02:57 AM   #2481
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

I noticed an eBay auction tonight that's selling a pre-order for the ArtFX+ Stormtrooper set. The seller says the estimated arrival is November. Is this legit? Is that Stormtrooper set actually being rereleased?
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:18 AM   #2482
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

MR. GONK..

DRS ROGUE

Please... Give us hope..
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:27 PM   #2483
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

As a fan of Final Fantasy and owner of all of the Kotobukiya statues in the Final Fantasy X line. I think it would be an awesome idea to celebrate the new HD version of the game with the final piece of the collection....Wakka. I always wanted a complete set for this line.

I know it's wishful thinking my line looks unfinished.
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:46 PM   #2484
Movieman
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Now that I seen the new Hulk Artfx+ statue all I can think about is how cool a Darkseid or Doomsday would be since they are larger characters like the Hulk. Come on Koto, please make them. Think about it, you would be the first company to make either of them as statues. "If you make it they will come".
Movieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #2485
KiDD
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submissive421 View Post
As a fan of Final Fantasy and owner of all of the Kotobukiya statues in the Final Fantasy X line. I think it would be an awesome idea to celebrate the new HD version of the game with the final piece of the collection....Wakka. I always wanted a complete set for this line.

I know it's wishful thinking my line looks unfinished.
Speaking of Final Fantasy... x)

Any chance of you making actual statues, rather than just the articulated figures ?

I know Koto did a few back some years ago and I would love to see my favourite game series getting Koto's statue treatment ! (Again...)

(1/6-1/8 scale statue of Cloud Strife.... Gahhhh!!!!)
KiDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #2486
ahabmike
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post
I noticed an eBay auction tonight that's selling a pre-order for the ArtFX+ Stormtrooper set. The seller says the estimated arrival is November. Is this legit? Is that Stormtrooper set actually being rereleased?
I had assumed this was just someone who was thinking about the forthcoming sandtrooper ArtFX+ release, but man, what I wouldn't give for some FX+ stormtroopers! They're soo expensive/hard to find.
ahabmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:20 PM   #2487
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

That's what I thought at first, but the projected release for the Sandtroopers is February 2014, and this eBay auction is saying November 2013.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:33 PM   #2488
ahabmike
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
That's what I thought at first, but the projected release for the Sandtroopers is February 2014, and this eBay auction is saying November 2013.
uh oh. hopes officially raised.

I have to say, I still get a cool little charge out of my FX+ R2 and 3PO every time I pass them by (which is pretty much every day). Especially because I'm not about to drop the $750 on the SS versions.

The troopers would go awesome with the little Vader and Fett.

I wonder: are they passing on doing human-faced FX+ pieces (harder to put together)? I'd love to get Han, Luke, Chewie, etc.
ahabmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:24 PM   #2489
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

Quote:
Thru a special arrangement with Barnes & Noble bookstores the Stormtrooper Two-Pack ARTFX+ statues will be available again in limited quantities this holiday season. Pre-orders were also offered thru various international vendors and distributers.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:22 PM   #2490
six8ten
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahabmike View Post
I wonder: are they passing on doing human-faced FX+ pieces (harder to put together)? I'd love to get Han, Luke, Chewie, etc.
They announced plans for a Han & Chewbacca set and a Luke & Leia set at SDCC.
six8ten is offline   Reply With Quote