Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 08-22-2014, 03:42 AM   #11
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillC View Post
I can not find fault with one word of this post
Thanks! Guess it helps to know where I'm headed. I suppose when there's nothing left available for sale after the con, I'll take a break.

Actually, Ottley has been posting some really great pieces (not pages, mind you) on his website the last week. I think they're drawings he did awhile back, but, they're each going for $200 or $300. Really really hope I can get on the commission list, I have the most excellent idea that only a true Invincible fan would appreciate. I'm hoping Ottley will make an exception from his headshots only con sketches and do something cool for me since I'm making a special trip.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:30 AM   #12
Bishop40
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

remember to practice your Australian accent and that will seal the deal with ottley, trust us rob it will work.
Bishop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:47 AM   #13
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

he had a few covers up on his site for sale.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 04:32 PM   #14
Simplyrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop40 View Post
remember to practice your Australian accent and that will seal the deal with ottley, trust us rob it will work.
i think its too late for that. ill just add "mate" to everything. maybe that'll fool him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito1978 View Post
he had a few covers up on his site for sale.
haha. in response to this. as soon as i saw this the other day, i started trippin! i emailed Ottley via his site and pleaded to not list anything else. i know Ottley is aware of my going to the con just to see him, and i thought i presented a valid "argument". i also made an offer on the TPB cover (1 of the 3 listed). lo and behold, i awoke today to a response from someone handling the shipping of the pieces on the site. they will indeed hold back on posting any new stuff until after SLC, aaaaaannnnnddddd, my offer on the cover was accepted. woohoo! so, ill be picking up that #16 TPB cover already. i really like the other pages, but, I'm thinking quantity and quality. so far for the show, including the page from his site, I've got 3 covers already. not bad considering the show is still a grueling 10 days away.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:20 PM   #15
BillC
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
i think its too late for that. ill just add "mate" to everything. maybe that'll fool him!

haha. in response to this. as soon as i saw this the other day, i started trippin! i emailed Ottley via his site and pleaded to not list anything else. i know Ottley is aware of my going to the con just to see him, and i thought i presented a valid "argument". i also made an offer on the TPB cover (1 of the 3 listed). lo and behold, i awoke today to a response from someone handling the shipping of the pieces on the site. they will indeed hold back on posting any new stuff until after SLC, aaaaaannnnnddddd, my offer on the cover was accepted. woohoo! so, ill be picking up that #16 TPB cover already. i really like the other pages, but, I'm thinking quantity and quality. so far for the show, including the page from his site, I've got 3 covers already. not bad considering the show is still a grueling 10 days away.
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 11:49 PM   #16
Simplyrob

I swear, the universe is against me sometimes. Contacted today regarding a DPS from the Viltrumite war. Had to. If I keep this up, forget the trip! Ahhhhhhhhhhh! Must be diligent about budget!
Old 08-27-2014, 11:59 AM   #17
Magneto
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Wow, thats realy cool!
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:27 PM   #18
Simplyrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
Contacted today regarding a DPS from the Viltrumite war. Had to.
stupid addiction.

Invincible #75 pg 26/27 pencils by Ryan Ottley

whats cool is that this issue, #75, is during the Viltrumite war, actually the tail end of it. this issue is notorious for having so many DPS in it. i actually already have the DPS directly before these pages, so, still need the following spread. maybe.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:25 AM   #19
whd
Suicide Squad

Congrats!
whd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:06 PM   #20
Simplyrob

This just in, sportsfans! I emailed Ryan awhile back regarding the con next week! Here's part of what I got back.

"But yeah I'll bring tons of covers and pages. It'll be good to meet you! Thanks man. Ryan"