Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-04-2018, 03:57 PM   #21
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I have a problem storing the boxes for my collection (which is all 1/6) so I can only imagine the issues collectors would have when you move into the 1/4 or 1/3 scale statues.
I have my boxes and styro in my attic. No statues or Figures up there. The boxes take up an obscene amount of cubic feet.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 04:02 PM   #22
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I buy the statues I REALLY like, of characters I REALLY like. Everything else is pretty much irrelevant. I will never have more than like 15 statues in my collection and thus none of this is ever really an issue for me. You guys who need to "finish" lines of statues, are huge into buying statues because of collectible worth and resale value, etc, I have no idea how you keep up or how you actually enjoy it lol. But hey, it's your money. Do what you do.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 04:06 PM   #23
Python
Omega Red

Nope, I've found myself going in the opposite direction generally and just buying a lot less stuff. I'm now ordering items with prices I would have borked at only a few short years ago. But now seem to be much better value given what they offer compared to many 1/4 statues at their current prices.

Stuff like this which (while expensive) is 1/3 and just crazy good....

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 04:11 PM   #24
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Yep, at the end of the day I personally would rather have 5 (or whatever) bigger statues that I REALLY like and want over 10 smaller statues that I talk myself into because they're a bit cheaper and I could fit more of them into a smaller/similar space. 1) It's not like the price difference is even all that huge, and 2) Quality over quantity every time for me.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 04:18 PM   #25
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

I like statues of all sizes. For DC, I am moving almost exclusively smaller scale. Space is an issue...I'm basically out of room, with nothing that I'm crazy about selling right now.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 04:20 PM   #26
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I’m with you Bmutha . I’m kinda in same boat
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 04:23 PM   #27
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Yep, at the end of the day I personally would rather have 5 (or whatever) bigger statues that I REALLY like and want over 10 smaller statues that I talk myself into because they're a bit cheaper and I could fit more of them into a smaller/similar space. 1) It's not like the price difference is even all that huge, and 2) Quality over quantity every time for me.
I tend to get more excited about pre-ordering 1:1 busts vs 1/4 -1/7 scale statues. Bigger piece, bigger impact on the shelves, more money = more excitement!

But after the excitement wears off about a week to a month after unboxing the piece, I feel there SAME EXACT way about a $150 1/7 scale statue VS $1000 1:1 bust. I don't think about how much I spent months and years after the piece is in my collection. Sure the presence is greater with the bigger pieces but I can honestly saw I DO NOT enjoy them more and they don't give me more pleasure compared to smaller 1/7 scale statue.

Now, fast forward...when the time comes to sell and I have a refrigerator sized box I want gone and I can't easily make it disappear without losing money, eating shipping charges and fees ... it make me REALLY appreciate the smaller pieces seem to be the complete opposite when it comes time to sell.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 04:25 PM   #28
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Have to agree that’s why I chose only few 1/4s as centre pieces . Majority of my stuff 1/6
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 04:53 PM   #29
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
I will never have more than like 15 statues in my collection and thus none of this is ever really an issue for me.
Why this 15 statue collection limit? (No judgement, I'm just curious.)
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 05:00 PM   #30
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Not sure why you have anything against smaller statues. In my case, I simply prefer the designs of smaller Batgirl statues. I had the SS 1/4 Batgirl but got rid of it bc the necks are easy to chip and bc it leans due to how the piece was engineered.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote