Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 04-22-2021, 08:03 PM   #121
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Hard choice... this or Prime 1 Godzilla Bust?
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 11:06 PM   #122
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4XCollect View Post
Hard choice... this or Prime 1 Godzilla Bust?
That is tough. Zilla bust is really nice, I am getting that too for sure. I guess it would depend on your collection, what fits better and which character you are closer to.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 11:19 PM   #123
ScoobyDoo
The Spirit

Will this be worth it in the end? I don’t own any weta products, how is their quality when it comes to promo pictures vs final product? I want this, but $1500 is a lot from a company I don’t know about.
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 12:07 AM   #124
RPG_FAN128
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
Will this be worth it in the end? I don’t own any weta products, how is their quality when it comes to promo pictures vs final product? I want this, but $1500 is a lot from a company I don’t know about.
I own their entire Dark Crystal line and I am extremely happy with every single piece. That's honestly a huge reason I have this Lara Croft piece on PO.
RPG_FAN128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 12:29 AM   #125
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
Just like any company they have hits and misses, but past few years have been a lot more hits. Their previous Lara is a great piece and I expect this one to be as well.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 05:01 PM   #126
ddarko
A day without sunshine is like... night.

If I were ordering, I was wondering if it would be better to order directly from Weta, or through Specfiction in terms of shipping costs? I live in Canada, so would it be a difference who I order from?
ddarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 07:51 PM   #127
Cammilletti
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddarko View Post
If I were ordering, I was wondering if it would be better to order directly from Weta, or through Specfiction in terms of shipping costs? I live in Canada, so would it be a difference who I order from?
I also live in Canada and bought the last Lara Croft statue direct from WETA. Mine came with a minor problem with her hair and they sent me 2 new bodies (the first one arrived damaged) .. just want to point out that their customer service was amazing.

I wasnt planning on picking up any other Tomb Raider pieces but this one just looks so good that im 90% sure ill be pre ordering this soon.

I dont know if you ever bought from Specfiction before, his shipping price is standard (I get cheaper shipping rates from Sideshow (not by much)) but I end up saving a lot of cash on customs/import charges so ill definitely be ordering this from Spec..
Cammilletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 08:58 PM   #128
nearmint
Phoenix

If I’m smart, I’ll pass on this piece. It’s quite large for my display, and expensive for a 1/4 scale piece. But, I’m not always smart.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 09:50 PM   #129
ddarko
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammilletti View Post
I also live in Canada and bought the last Lara Croft statue direct from WETA. Mine came with a minor problem with her hair and they sent me 2 new bodies (the first one arrived damaged) .. just want to point out that their customer service was amazing.

I wasnt planning on picking up any other Tomb Raider pieces but this one just looks so good that im 90% sure ill be pre ordering this soon.

I dont know if you ever bought from Specfiction before, his shipping price is standard (I get cheaper shipping rates from Sideshow (not by much)) but I end up saving a lot of cash on customs/import charges so ill definitely be ordering this from Spec..
Thank you very much for the info! If you don't mind me asking, how do you save on the import charges with Specfiction (it is my first time buying from them, so I am a complete newbie)? Do they mark it down? I would like to go Spec if there are import charges savings since I think the shipping might be hefty for this too.
ddarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 10:02 PM   #130
Cammilletti
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddarko View Post
Thank you very much for the info! If you don't mind me asking, how do you save on the import charges with Specfiction (it is my first time buying from them, so I am a complete newbie)? Do they mark it down? I would like to go Spec if there are import charges savings since I think the shipping might be hefty for this too.
Not too sure how he does it but ya value is lower on invoice. My xm Thanos and Lady death was around 115$ for taxes/customs. I was so happy. I thought customs was gonna kill me on this one.

You can just email Todd and ask him yourself...this is my personal experience.
Cammilletti is offline   Reply With Quote