Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-23-2021, 11:03 AM   #1031
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Flash & Juggs come to mind, as the noise & long wait for these characters were loud. Once released, both sculpts were great works, relatively small es, & yet both are still in stock. Hard to blame SS for not releasing lesser characters if sales don’t support it. Especially when the sculpts are frankly fantastic. We'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
It’s subjective though.

What’s a great sculpt to one of us won’t be great to someone else. I’m a huge Gambit fan. He’s one of my favorite characters. I DO NOT like the XM statue and therefore didn’t buy one of my favorite characters. But many others do like it.

Sideshow thought their Lobo Maquette was a great sculpt. It’s ES is very low and nobody cares.

I think if Flash, who does have a well sculpted PF, wasn’t just well sculpted but had a better overall concept, it would’ve had higher ES and likely sold faster as well. I think similarly for Robin, if it had the same pose but was less cartoony it would’ve done better.

As much as I love Storm if she was made not well I couldn’t purchase.
The thing we also need to consider is that SS takes so long to come out with a statue, most of us will have shifted our collection by the time of release. The Flash statue is great, but you could have moved on by the time he was released.

I loved my SS Juggernaut, but he needs proper space. The few times SS gives alot of space to a statue, it ends up turning collectors off cause he won't fit in most display cases so the ES ends up hurting.

I honestly thought the Robin was awesome, but could see why people were turned off as they wanted each robin era to be represented, so it was cheap to have two portraits for one body.

So it could be multiple factors, either the sculpt not being on point, people having way to much on PO, other companies having done what others consider a better version, or market being to overwhelmed. So i won't be shocked if Storm gets trashed every which way upon released, and still have a decent size ES.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 11:38 AM   #1032
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Juggernaut EX is sold out and Flash EX is on waitlist so obviously people bought them. Second, neither of the collector editions has free shipping on them. The price of shipping has eaten into a lot of collectors statue budgets, along with taxes so probably more than a few people are waiting for SS to slap that free shipping offer on those two. Besides, the "relatively low" edition sizes are still higher than most XM and IS 1/4 pieces. Don't even know why this even up for discussion. Where's the Storm art?
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 02:38 PM   #1033
Demona
Martian Manhunter

All I know is I don't think they can screw over Storm fans worse than Galactus fans. Wowza that is a crazy choice in scale for that piece.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 02:50 PM   #1034
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
All I know is I don't think they can screw over Storm fans worse than Galactus fans. Wowza that is a crazy choice in scale for that piece.
Odds of Storm taking up more vertical space than Galactus? I'd say 50/50.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 02:53 PM   #1035
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Yeah, as a die hard Perez Deathstroke fan, I disagree. On a positive note though, it does seem like sideshow is giving us more comic accurate statues of late. As bad as the Deathstroker PF was, Taskmaster looks phenomenal. Hopefully, Storm does too.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 02:57 PM   #1036
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Oh I'm sure they can.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 03:22 PM   #1037
101son
Justice League

Quote:
Please....please don’t tempt sideshow.
101son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 09:44 AM   #1038
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Whoa whoa whoa. All these SW releases almost knocked the goddess down to page two.

I mean...she has to be the next reveal...right???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bradshaw Storm.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	139126   Click image for larger version

Name:	Franklin Storm.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	444.6 KB
ID:	139127   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hans Storm.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	139128   Click image for larger version

Name:	MacDonald Storm.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	592.2 KB
ID:	139129  
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 10:08 AM   #1039
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

Really hoping for a great Storm by Sideshow that meets the fans expectations.

Not really related to the statue, but just to share some Storm art... I saw two versions made by Lucas Werneck that looked really cool:

Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 10:35 AM   #1040
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Whoa whoa whoa. All these SW releases almost knocked the goddess down to page two.

I mean...she has to be the next reveal...right???
Yeah I'm all but certain it'll be a July reveal. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Custer View Post
Really hoping for a great Storm by Sideshow that meets the fans expectations.

Not really related to the statue, but just to share some Storm art... I saw two versions made by Lucas Werneck that looked really cool:

Those are gorgeous. Would love to see these in the MCU.

I'm pretty satisfied with the Kotobukiya Fine Arts piece representing the Jim Lee suit in my collection so I'm really hoping for a gorgeous face a beautifully sculpted figure. If she just simply looks good I can pass on the new PF. I'd buy a good looking Punk Storm or Modern Storm, or OG, but in the Jim Lee suit she needs to be a little more special.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote