Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-23-2021, 01:13 PM   #471
neo225
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
After a good look now it's not for my tastes. No belt, looks like he's wearing a smock. Rounded helmet gives it a chubby cheeks blue eyed baby face look. And the fish head at the top of the helmet draws my eye. Two eyes and mouth looks like a fish head coming out of the water. Just personal taste, it's still obviously going to have a major presence as Galactus in the house.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees this.
neo225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 01:16 PM   #472
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo225 View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees this.
My brother and I see a screaming eagle, even has wings
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 01:30 PM   #473
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vpuik View Post
Sorry I'm not trying to be rude, but it often comes across that way.

Because I like to assume people know where to get information when they look for it. So Sideshow website has a sort for best selling items and filter for showing only Maquettes and Premium Formats.

Of course it doesn't Always work that way but I'm sure With this piece were not too far off. Compare the ES of Silver Surfer which was also universally hated to the other $1200 Maquettes and the ES way more than double. Actually it is exactly 5 times bigger.
I wouldn't take much stock in your filtered search on Sideshow's website. It's hardly a viable measurement for this statue's reception.

And PO's aren't sales. If one other company releases a larger Galactus before this ships, I could see an exodus happening.

I don't agree the SS was universally hated when it was released. Then it was priced right with a banging exclusive. It took some on the board a bit of time to recalibrate to the idea of owning a stoic, upright piece when we thought we were getting a dynamic surfer, but closing the gap on reservations about ordering that piece are not in the same ballpark as this one. I see no avenue where I'm okay with this size. I collect 1/4 statues, not Bowens.

I am happy for the Bowen collectors and the people who wanted this to fit in their display cases. I was ready for something a little bigger than my other 1/4 scales. Was hoping he'd have centerpiece presence.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 01:32 PM   #474
D-ten
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Oh well, money saved I guess
D-ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 01:34 PM   #475
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

This won’t look good with Bowen’s either . It’s too detailed and realistic to fit in with them . Bowen’s have the most true comic form in any statue medium . Their simplicity and basic paint jobs give them this comic accurate feel.

This Galactus is a fail for 1/4 collectors and Bowen’s
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 01:36 PM   #476
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicsFearUs View Post
I love this design. The size is negligible to me personally, fits easily where I need it to and looks awesome. I'm sure when this is released I'll be seeing a lot of these same people who are complaining picking up this statue.
Would like to just take a moment to acknowledge that Organics waited nearly 6 years to drop their first comment (pg. 44).

Welcome to the boards, friend.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 01:39 PM   #477
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
This won’t look good with Bowen’s either . It’s too detailed and realistic to fit in with them . Bowen’s have the most true comic form in any statue medium . Their simplicity and basic paint jobs give them this comic accurate feel.

This Galactus is a fail for 1/4 collectors and Bowen’s
I disagree. I thought that would be the case with the SS Sentinel maquette too, but seeing it displayed with Bowens, I think they look great together (in fact, for me, makes the Bowen sentinel too plain). Obviously personal opinion here.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 01:40 PM   #478
Biggunz
Loki

He’s a midget!!!! Really waisted a good opportunity. I don’t know how they go from last galactus to this.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 01:42 PM   #479
Biggunz
Loki

Should of gave it to Prime 1!!!
They would of destroyed this.

Maybe they were trying to compete with IS 1/10
Old 04-23-2021, 01:43 PM   #480
Biggunz
Loki

Or maybe they know the big economy crash is coming so are already preparing for 2022-2023