Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 08-01-2014, 11:04 AM   #11
StatueHunter75
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I don't have this Bowen Hulk in my collection so I never really realized until now seeing the pictures of this review that the original Sideshow Hulk PF is the exact same pose as this statue. Very Interesting I believe this Bowen one came out first (2002) and the Sideshow one was 2005 so why did Sideshow copy the exact pose? Hmmmmm. Great review by the way.
StatueHunter75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:11 PM   #12
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueHunter75 View Post
I don't have this Bowen Hulk in my collection so I never really realized until now seeing the pictures of this review that the original Sideshow Hulk PF is the exact same pose as this statue. Very Interesting I believe this Bowen one came out first (2002) and the Sideshow one was 2005 so why did Sideshow copy the exact pose? Hmmmmm. Great review by the way.
Hmmm...good point. Maybe it was a "anything you can do, I can do better" type of thing?
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:54 PM   #13
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
Hmmm...good point. Maybe it was a "anything you can do, I can do better" type of thing?

Assuming y'all are right for a moment, I think it's safe to say who won that particular argument... However, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, this Hulk statue was a very popular piece at the time. It sold out everywhere quite quickly. However, the lightning quick pace of progress of this hobby appears to have inadvertently set limits on how long some pieces will either retain their value or maintain their aesthetic appeal.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote