Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 02-02-2014, 05:11 AM   #31
king_marvel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
That 3 day window is ridiculously short, and the number seems rather arbitrary. 5 business days should be the minimum if not 10 days.
I agree it should be at least 5-7 business days.

Sucks that the 10% discount will now go to offset the tax. They should up the discount to 20% so we still get a discount off of the product. Love how they made these announcements after the PGM renewal.

I brought this up on rebelscum, kinda getting fed with the PGM exclusives. All the exclusives are just an extra piece add to a regular or deluxe bust. Like Snowspeeder Luke with lightsaber, Wedge with extra head or the WD: Carl with badge. I know that I don't buy the exclusive plus the regular release. Sometimes the extra isn't worth picking up the exclusive. If GG wants to release a bust with an extra arm or head then they just need to release it as a regular release deluxe bust. An exclusive bust should be just that, an exclusive character bust released only from the GG website. Give us a true exclusive and stop giving us the "add a piece exclusives"!! If they did offer "true exclusives" GG would likely make more money form renewals and we may get one or two more bust (minor characters) a year.
king_marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 07:43 AM   #32
ambasah
Red Skull

They should have announced this in Dec, as people would have undoubtedly not renewed their membership.

shady business practise.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:15 AM   #33
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
They should have announced this in Dec, as people would have undoubtedly not renewed their membership.

shady business practise.
Don't get me started with their membership policy. The fact you don't get a full years worth (example March), you only get 9 months worth of membership instead a full calendar year.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:41 PM   #34
Darth Madden
Luke Cage

I'm really only interested in their Walking Dead busts (and to a lesser extent Star Wars) and most of those are only going for around retail on ebay. The membership gifts are ok so getting Vader last year and Amidala this year is cool but they are going to have to wow me in 2014 for me to want to renew my membership next year.
Darth Madden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:50 AM   #35
Wise yoda
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Don't get me started with their membership policy. The fact you don't get a full years worth (example March), you only get 9 months worth of membership instead a full calendar year.
Should it matter?
In the end you'll get your PGM gift anyway
Wise yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:53 AM   #36
Wise yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Is it 3 days return after u receive the product or is it 3 days return after they ship the product. Either way, it's very short.
For me and i ternational buyers it almost 8 days on it way till it reached destination.
And even longer if customs take it in and make a fine.
Takes two days extra.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:08 AM   #37
Wise yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_marvel View Post
An exclusive bust should be just that, an exclusive character bust released only from the GG website. Give us a true exclusive and stop giving us the "add a piece exclusives"!! If they did offer "true exclusives" GG would likely make more money form renewals and we may get one or two more bust (minor characters) a year.
Agree.
I think they will go for that sooner or later.
I'm already happy I don't have to get SDCC con exclusive or any other exclusive through the after market like I had to do in the past.

But some exclusive end up in store anyway I have seen.
Like the emperial gunner starwars bust.
Action figure xpress ask a high price in the beginning,later it became availeble through the GG site.
Now I have seen it in store,and on different websites of merchandise dealers.
So what does exclusive mean then in this chase,nothing much wright.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:44 PM   #38
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

3 days is stupid short. I see them backing off this eventually. Seems pretty unreasonable especially given when they do finally release something it's often with little to no notice.

I've had them notify me of an impending charge and then charge me within the same 24hr period. Given that you could theoretically get notified of a charge, have your card charged, the item shipped and have the 3 day return window close all within a span of 10 days.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:31 AM   #39
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

This 3 day return policy is something that you mostly see with shady below board retailers so it surprises me that Gentle Giant has adopted the policy. 30 days is standard with reputable dealers/manufactures so like Hellboy said, I see GG eventually going back to the more industry standard returns time frame. With companies like Sideshow doing everything they can to force their customers to order direct from them, it's strange to see Gentle Giant doing the exact opposite with their customers.

Either way, since I never order direct from Gentle Giant, these new policies won't affect me.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:33 PM   #40
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

3 days is no good for me, especially since my job requires me to travel. So I'm out.

Maybe these guys want to go under.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote