Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-28-2023, 02:53 AM   #11
Aussiebot
The Spirit

I don't like the smoke effect on statues which is why I passed on XM Studios' 1/4 scale Boba Fett. Unfortunately I'll be giving Captain Rex a miss too.
Aussiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 04:54 AM   #12
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

This feels more like a mandalorian concept that has been remodelled into Rex, rather than an original Rex sculpt.

Whilst I have no doubt that he used a jet pack on occasions, it's not something that I associate with him.

The original PF didn't have his pistols, but it screams Rex a thousand times more than this one.
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 08:26 AM   #13
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
the last one was a pretty terrible representation of the character, this is much more promising

Once again, I don't know who this is, but as a sculpt, I dig. Great form/lines/flow, with hyper added detailing, will be a very cool show. With 3 Pfs released in 3 days, I hope this release trend is here to stay,...........at the very least for the remainder of the 12 days.

Keep them coming Sideshow.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 03:25 AM   #14
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
I probably watched about 4 or 5 long clips of the Clone Wars on YouTube because people keep saying how good it is and when I finally found one that got me interested in the show it turned out to be a scene from the last season. Even tried watching the Bad Batch to pique my interest but that didn't work either. For some reason none of it appeals to me.

It's funny though because I love Beast Wars just as much as G1 Transformers, and that's a very similar situation to Clone Wars and original trilogy Star Wars.
Clone Wars and it's lineage (Rebels, Bad Batch) are about the only 'Star Wars' I haven't experienced. I thought I could avoid them, albeit knowing some broad strokes, and be fine. But since Disney made them the only other thing canon with the movies when they took over, I felt left behind. I haven't watched Ahsoka because I want to watch all the prior stuff first.

I've been vocal about disliking the animation and sabers specifically, but there are other story-related decisions that I definitely do not like, and why I'm not as thrilled with Filoni as others are.

Your experience mimics mine with DBZ a quarter century ago. I tried to watch that a few times (my brother had already been into it) and I thought it was so stupid. Then, I caught an episode from the Cell saga, and was hooked. Don't recall exactly why.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 05:18 AM   #15
AC_808
Hercules

Feeling bad for Captain Rex in the poll here. I love the character, but I chose a long time ago not to collect Star Wars pieces. Hope the sales number will be way better than the poll numbers.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 09:20 AM   #16
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Feeling bad for Captain Rex in the poll here. I love the character, but I chose a long time ago not to collect Star Wars pieces. Hope the sales number will be way better than the poll numbers.

I think once painted and presented, Captain Rex will turn some heads. And no, I don't collect Star Wars, but I do know vibe/line/form, and in hand this will be a score that soars!

Great sculpt.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 12:24 PM   #17
nearmint
Phoenix

From the Sideshow panel at WonderCon.

nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 03:51 PM   #18
SONICobra
Batman

Looks promising but i want to see the blue markings and battle damage, I didnt like how they did Cody but that was years ago
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote