Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-26-2010, 01:59 AM   #11
le Gardien
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Yes !!

285 buks for smally size. Too expensive for 1/9 scale .

I'll await retrailers
le Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 01:30 PM   #12
protector2814
Phoenix

Man...that is a hit in the wallet. I have been drooling for this piece but...over 3 beans when all is said and done probably places this one out of reach.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 01:50 PM   #13
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
TOO PRICEY FOR 1/8 SCALE. If it was 185.00 I would pick one up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by le Gardien View Post
Yes !!
285 buks for smally size. Too expensive for 1/9 scale .
I'll await retrailers
Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Man...that is a hit in the wallet. I have been drooling for this piece but...over 3 beans when all is said and done probably places this one out of reach.
Yup. No way this is worth the price tag at this size. If it were larger, yes. But, as it is, nope.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:32 PM   #14
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I'm getting it anyway. It's Frazetta and it's nice. It is maybe a little small but also keep in mind it is really two figures as well.

I don't know what the run size will be but I hope it sells well so we can see more of these Frazetta pieces.

Maybe Micheal has to pay a heavy fee for licensing too, I don't know.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:31 PM   #15
MinisterOfFire
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Been drooling over this piece for awhile, but I will wait as well to see what a few online retailers will sell it for...anyone see it pop up yet elsewhere?
MinisterOfFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:44 AM   #16
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Thumbs up

Clap for the Wolfman
He gonna rate your record high
Clap for the Wolfman
You gonna dig him til the day you die.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:16 AM   #17
protector2814
Phoenix

Check your RA newsletter, boys....check your newsletter.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:57 AM   #18
ReelArt Studios
Producer
Producer

Okay guys, I certainly understand your concern over our price point. I am a purchaser too. This economy sucks and you can spend your hard earned dollar anywhere you want. I fully realize that. We ALL want the most we can get for that dollar.

Our intent is not to gouge you or rip you off. Our costs have skyrocketed overseas and the fuel costs of shipping have doubled. We love our wholesale market but it brings our margin down by 50%. The Frazetta licensing fee is "super" high. Dark Horse gets a cut for handling our worldwide marketing and shipping.

Now I say the above not to whine but to merely state some of what we pay out before we get a penny. Our RSP rate is based on an "OLD" formula used by statue manufacturers which does not even take into consideration the sculpting and pre paint fees. We have "NOT" altered this formula as we do not want to or see that we can do so by passing the increase on to our customers. However we have to maintain our percentages or we are just working for nothing. We like everyone else are in business to make a profit so we can "STAY" in business. And we are not getting rich doing this. It is a labor of love. But we do want to be able to pay our bills without constant worry.

Does this mean we do not care about you? Heck no! We do. You are our lifeblood! I have always been open and completely honest with you and will continue to be so. My suggestion would be that you "JOIN" our newsletter today. See what our "IN THE KNOW" customers are privy too. Below is an excerpt of our latest newsletter. What an excellent deal on Dracula Meets The Wolfman. But it is only for our subscribers. Why isn't that you?

"After a long wait, Frank Frazetta's Dracula Meets the Wolfman is in production and available for pre-order. Scheduled to ship Fall 2010, this 1/8 scale recreation of Frazetta's iconic work was masterfully sculpted by Troy McDevitt and painted by Joy and Tom Studios. Priced at $285 and limited to only 500 units, this statue is expected to sell out quickly. Buy yours today, because newsletter subscribers who pre-order will receive $60 off! Email sales@reelartstudios.com with your order and you will be invoiced through Paypal within 24-48 hours. A 35% discount off of one of our current resin statues is being offered to anyone that pre-orders, but newsletter subscribers will receive 50% off any resin piece in our store with their pre-order. Please review the offer on our website for additional details."

As always I am open for comments both good and bad. Without you there would be no RAS. We super appreciate your continuing support. And may we all survive this downturn in our economy. I wish each of you the very best!

Michael

Last edited by ReelArt Studios; 06-29-2010 at 01:58 PM.
ReelArt Studios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:04 AM   #19
johnclone
The Enchantress

Subscribing right now!
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:23 AM   #20
protector2814
Phoenix

Ordered (RA should have received my e-mail). Michael, thank-you. It absolutely is a money-issue in a tight economy. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the opportunity to purchase as a newsletter subscriber. Your companies generous offer made the difference between buying ...and collector's remorse for every Halloween in the future. You guys are A-OK!