Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 09-22-2023, 03:11 AM   #1071
ukshaun
Hercules

LOADING: Image(s)

Museum Masterline Joker Bonus Version by Prime 1 Studio

Some 'Out of the Box Shots' TM using various camera settings.

It has been a while since i picked up a 1/3 statue.
The Prime 1 Studio Joker from the movie JOKER (2019)
I cannot believe 4 years have passed since the movie dropped.

I have always wanted this piece, as it is the best JOKER (from the movie) statue/figure available, but i could not justify the price.
Recently Prime 1 offered the piece at a discount during the BATMAN DAY SALE, and i drained the credit card.

In person the statue does not disappoint. The portrait paint app looks excellent,
and all 4 hands (there are swap-outs) look great also.

The tailoring on the outfit is done to a high standard. Although the red jacket is going to need some work, as the rear suffers creasing from being in the box.

Very little assembly is required. Base, attach hand-rail to base, attach Joker to base via a single metal rod, and that's it!

The base is what it is. Not too boring, not too interesting either. A moment from the movie.
I was highly impressed by the 2 black bin bags on the rear of the base, as they are fully sculpted and finished in shiny black,
and the black looks as shiny was the recent Tweeterhead Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman.

The statue ships with various addition items including:
Gun, Magic Flower Wand, Joke Book, Bag, Rat, Broken Signboard, 'Don't forget to Smile' Poster, Pictures,
Condition Card and Clown Mask (the clown mask is exclusive to the Bonus version only)

Given the moment from the movie that the statue is based on, i do not feel any need to use any of the additional items, bar possibly the cigarette.

As far as i can tell, Prime 1 does not mention the cigarette on the product page?

At some point in the future, the plan is to display the Prime 1 Joker and the JND Harley in their own glass units either side of my television, as both pieces are special and do not pair with the rest of my collection. Maybe this will happen in 2024

-

I wonder if Prime 1 Studio has plans to release a Lady Gaga Harely Quinn from Joker 2 / Joker: Folie a Deux
I really hope so
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 11:54 AM   #1072
StefanCo
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Given the moment from the movie that the statue is based on, i do not feel any need to use any of the additional items, bar possibly the cigarette.
I only added the big bag at the side of the base, and the rat (even though that one makes it look a bit cheap?
The rest like the flowers I don't care much about. They are in my storage space.

Quote:
As far as i can tell, Prime 1 does not mention the cigarette on the product page?
They didn't, and didn't include in in photos. I'm not sure the gun was shown either, been a while.
StefanCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 11:59 AM   #1073
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanCo View Post
I only added the big bag at the side of the base, and the rat (even though that one makes it look a bit cheap?
The rest like the flowers I don't care much about. They are in my storage space.

They didn't, and didn't include in in photos. I'm not sure the gun was shown either, been a while.
The rat does look cheap.
The gun and the cigarette look good.
The broken sign relate to a moment when Joker was wearing a different outfit.
The bag looks good, but it is what it is, a bag. Why was the bag not sculpted?
I am not sure what to do with the note-book?
The clown mask looks good, but why would anyone want to cover up Jokers excellent looking portrait?
Old 09-22-2023, 02:05 PM   #1074
veryfigurefans
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Looks truly amazing and very detailed. The outfit is very successful. Congratulations. I just couldn't get used to the new jokers. Heath Ledger took the Joker character to such a peak that no one can really reach that peak. It was an amazing performance.
veryfigurefans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 02:23 PM   #1075
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by veryfigurefans View Post
Looks truly amazing and very detailed. The outfit is very successful. Congratulations. I just couldn't get used to the new jokers. Heath Ledger took the Joker character to such a peak that no one can really reach that peak. It was an amazing performance.
Some say this Joker is not 'the' Joker
Old 09-22-2023, 04:14 PM   #1076
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Congrats bro. I really like the Joker Film and i don't understand the haters. It was a great film and even if Phonixe Joker didn't give this pose in the film, it is a great pose that fits the joker in the film perfectly.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 04:34 PM   #1077
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Congrats bro. I really like the Joker Film and i don't understand the haters. It was a great film and even if Phonixe Joker didn't give this pose in the film, it is a great pose that fits the joker in the film perfectly.
JOKER is a depressingly good movie. I cannot wait to see what JOKER 2 brings.
Old 09-22-2023, 04:59 PM   #1078
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
I cannot wait to see what JOKER 2 brings.
Music and dance and jazz hands.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 05:19 PM   #1079
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Music and dance and jazz hands.
Sounds great!
Old 09-22-2023, 05:21 PM   #1080
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Sounds great!
If there are any two characters in comic books whose story would best be told as a musical, I would choose Joker and Harley.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote