Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-10-2017, 09:19 AM   #1141
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I'm sure they will correct these things as they are relatively simple. You listening Sideshow? You better be
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:50 AM   #1142
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

I think we already saw the fix a few weeks ago on the Live show. The base had extra rocks on the bottom to raise it. It just wasn’t keyed properly so that’s why it looked like it leaned. Once it’s keyed properly, it should look correct at that point.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:55 AM   #1143
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
Before people order this, I strongly suggest you look at these photos, to decide whether this will be an issue for you. Someone on FB kindly adjusted to lighting on these photos, to show that Sideshow manipulated the angle of Wolverine in the order photos. He is actually leaning on something in order to look up. Here is the edited photo angle, against the real angle.

Brightened Photo

I actually I like the non propped-up version better, as it gives Wolverine the feeling of lunging forward, more movement suggested. As the propped-up version gives Wolverine more of a pause stance, though looking up pose, after trashing a sentinel, does make sense. Either way, a masterpiece.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:20 AM   #1144
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta_assault View Post
I've always wondered... just what's the difference between a comiquette and a regular statue?
Comiquettes were fully sculpted pieces. No mixed media (cloth). When they were introduced, they were released in 1/5 and (occasionally) 1/4 scale. Most releases were 1/5 scale but some Premium Formats couldn't be released as mixed media pieces. So, sideshow released them as 1/4 scale Comiquettes instead. Examples are.....Venom, Carnage, Silver Surfer, Wolverine, Rhino, and Iron Man (to name a few). Comiquettes were also faithful to their comic roots. Most of the sculpts looked literally torn from a comic page. Personally, that's why I liked COMs so much. I love comic accurate statues. Unfortunately, since they were released in 2 different scales, COMs never really caught on and weren't as popular as PFs.

Years later, sideshow changed the definition of COMs and PFs. Now, all COMs are 1/5 scale pieces (fully sculpted) and PFs are 1/4 scale pieces that usually have mixed media but can also be fully sculpted. Rhino was the last COM released in 1/4 scale. After that, any 1/4 fully sculpted piece was sold as a PF.

Sideshow seems to be staying away from the Comiquette label nowadays. Take a look at their Avengers Assemble lineup. Those are 1/5 scale pieces but aren't called COMs. They also aren't all comic accurate. More and more, collectors tend to stay away from 1/5 pieces. They aren't released in the same amount or frequency as PFs. Also, displaying 1/5 statues with 1/4 statues can be a big problem for collectors. IMO, Sideshow has mismanaged the COM line from the start. I think that's why COMs plummeted in popularity and became occasional releases over the years.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:26 AM   #1145
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
I actually I like the non propped-up version better, as it gives Wolverine the feeling of lunging forward, more movement suggested. As the propped-up version gives Wolverine more of a pause stance, though looking up pose, after trashing a sentinel, does make sense. Either way, a masterpiece.
I agree 100%. He looks far more dangerous and menacing lunging forward.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:45 AM   #1146
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I agree 100%. He looks far more dangerous and menacing lunging forward.
Maybe so, but that's not the point of my post. Sideshow are advertising this product to people who want it based on the photos, and the photos on their page reflect an upward glance stance. The photos I posted serve to inform them of the products true stance.

If you prefer the products true stance, fair enough, I'm happy for you as a buyer, but don't try to dilute Sideshows clear misinformation, as SS's error is likely to cause alot of concern for potential buyers, and more importantly, people who have already ordered, and paid an NRD
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:48 AM   #1147
CyborgHunter
Blue Falcon

Here's a side by side comparison of bases. Sideshow Live version does have more rocks underneath.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wol base.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	241.7 KB
ID:	109975
CyborgHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:56 AM   #1148
GaryTonge
Kingpin

I definitely prefer the pose of Wolverine in the studio photos. I don't want him lunging forward the way he would be if he wasn't propped up.

I hope Sideshow recognizes this and the final production version will have the EXACT angle and positioning of the photos on their PO page.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:10 AM   #1149
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta_assault View Post
You can always just stick something under the front of the base if it bothers you that much.
this is a dumb response.

SS should not be asking me for a penny until I can see exactly what I am purchasing. Is that too much to ask?

I would appreciate a response from someone at SS about this. let's see what they have to say to explain this one...
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 12:02 PM   #1150
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
Maybe so, but that's not the point of my post. Sideshow are advertising this product to people who want it based on the photos, and the photos on their page reflect an upward glance stance. The photos I posted serve to inform them of the products true stance.

If you prefer the products true stance, fair enough, I'm happy for you as a buyer, but don't try to dilute Sideshows clear misinformation, as SS's error is likely to cause alot of concern for potential buyers, and more importantly, people who have already ordered, and paid an NRD
I have zero issues with your original post. I simply stated I like the forward lean and hope it stays. Don't read any further into my post than that. Please remember, I was commenting on Divo's post. This PF was on display at NYCC. If that's what we get out of the production pieces, I personally have zero complaints. As long as I don't have to prop the base in any direction and it looks like the proto did at NYCC, I'm good. If the production pieces have the crazy sideways lean that it did during the Sideshow Live showing, then I have a problem.