Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-02-2018, 09:45 PM   #1661
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Is it still leaning is big question? On sideshow live it leaned huge I hope that’s not case.
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 09:47 PM   #1662
demonhunter
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
As said earlier the lean on live was a mistake. It won't look like that...I hope

I'm more worried about the teeth. They always let me down on the teeth. They look great on the proto and knowing they wont look that good always disappoints me.
I had the XM Wolverine once. Sold it later. The portrait with clenched teeth had mono tooth. Right in the middle. One tooth right smacked in the middle among the row of upper teeth. That was so strange.

Looking at the new prototype photo, it does seem the chin area painting is a bit different. The video screen grabs had him with darker brownish grey to give the stubbles effect. But in the new photo, it is less apparent.

Although I'd have preferred the lambchops kept hidden inside the mask, a bit of it peeking out on his face is fine by me.

Preordered this Wolverine since Day 1.
I agree with another comment that it's been a long long time SS developed a Wolverine of this quality.

The Brown version bugged me a lot because of the face and mouth. So I passed that one.

The first Wolverine from SS that ever awed me was the first comiquette. That was amazing. But I was silly, he was lying there at the toy shop. But I went for Adam Hughes Emma Frost comiquette instead. Been kicking myself ever since. Because I thought at that time, "Oh, there will be plenty more Wolverines after this. He's so popular."

The sculpt(all the fine details and patterns/pipings and intricacies of his iconic yellow and blue costume that SS team designed on this piece is amazing) and the pose(dynamic, fighting stance ready, you can feel the energy of Wolverine by looking at it)

It won't be exactly like the prototypes painting quality wise. But if we can get the kind of paint application like we got on SS's Captain Marvel and the latest Thanos on throne, (I only have Captain Marvel & I set that as benchmark, really really good paint job, but from the HD video reviews I've seen on Thanos, wow, he's even more amazing.) I think we're good.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 09:57 PM   #1663
strife87
Spider-Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Can someone post the Sideshow live footage? Am not a Facebook guy and can’t find it on YouTube. Thanks.
Today's sideshow live

https://youtu.be/26W82dkl6ao
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:00 PM   #1664
demonhunter
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife87 View Post
Today's sideshow live

Thanks.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:31 PM   #1665
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife87 View Post
Today's sideshow live

Thanks brother. Now, after watching vid repeatedly, I find it overall to be pretty good. The costume and base paint apps look great, though maybe a little more weathering on Sentinal hand(?). Besides the lean, the only things that worry me are the glossy/shiney look to the face portrait, and the seeming loss of the fine creases within the black mask. Could be just lighting, but would hate to think we lost those finer details due to paint apps or whatever. Still very much looking forward to delivery of this master sculpt, and once in hand, I'm sure we'll be blown away. Great work Sideshow!
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 01:30 AM   #1666
SLO_MO
The Spirit

Looks pretty good, but unfortunately it looks like a lot of the skin detail in the paint has been lost, although that could really just be a product of the stream quality. We'll see soon enough!
SLO_MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 01:56 AM   #1667
Vracula
Jedi Order

WHAT IS WITH THAT LEAN??
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 06:48 AM   #1668
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

He’s lunging forward and his feet aren’t exactly on even ground so at certain angles, it looks like he’s leaning.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 06:49 AM   #1669
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Didn't look like it was leaning to me. Unless you're talking about the fact he's leaning forward.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 08:30 AM   #1670
adee
Green Arrow

I got to watch on my desktop and it still looks really good to me.

Obviously the paint apps are inferior but that's always the case. The people who paint the protos are master artists just like the sculptors. A factory assembly line will never duplicate it. As long as the paints are clean, which they appear to be, I thought they were actually pretty good. Maybe to much on the chops and a little rosy on the cheeks.

The teeth are hard to see but better than I expected. This is the area where I think protos vs production suffer most because of the process but they look OK to me.

I have to admit I didn't like the addition of the rocks to the base but it does but him on a much better viewing angle. I think it was the right move.

I'm looking forward to this one.

adee is offline   Reply With Quote