Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-20-2020, 01:48 AM   #411
khrisc
The X-Men

a little rant here..I am getting sick of XM fanboys saying XM didn't have to produce a new arc coz it looks okay for them. Well, if it looks good to you congratulations good for you then. But how about the rest who aren't happy with the changes? Easiest solution is for XM to allow these people to cancel their preorders and refund the deposit. They won't do that and so they decided to make a new arc..kudos to them. Everybody happy. But some people keep insisting XM made a mistake by making a new arc. Here is a suggestion..those saying that they are fine with the old one should not receive the new arc and help XM save money. I dare them to not accept the new and better arc.
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 02:06 AM   #412
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Cool

I like the face sculpt on the SS version better that’s why I’m going with them. I think it’s better. XM’s version seems to lack as much detail and looks flat and dull. It looks something they would’ve made 5 years earlier than they did.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 02:10 AM   #413
MASTERSAFARA

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrisc View Post
a little rant here..I am getting sick of XM fanboys saying XM didn't have to produce a new arc coz it looks okay for them. Well, if it looks good to you congratulations good for you then. But how about the rest who aren't happy with the changes? Easiest solution is for XM to allow these people to cancel their preorders and refund the deposit. They won't do that and so they decided to make a new arc..kudos to them. Everybody happy. But some people keep insisting XM made a mistake by making a new arc. Here is a suggestion..those saying that they are fine with the old one should not receive the new arc and help XM save money. I dare them to not accept the new and better arc.
I wonder how they’re going to send out the new arc. But I doubt people will be asked if they want to decline it. They’d likely only do that if they were asking customers to destroy the one it came with and I’ll bet they’re not that petty.
Old 08-20-2020, 02:17 AM   #414
khrisc
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
I wonder how they’re going to send out the new arc. But I doubt people will be asked if they want to decline it. They’d likely only do that if they were asking customers to destroy the one it came with and I’ll bet they’re not that petty.
That's why it is annoying. If they like the old one good for them and just shut up. No need to say XM didn't have to do it blah blah blah coz there are poeple like us who ain't happy with the old one. We are also paying the same amount of money so our opinions matter too.
Old 08-20-2020, 02:37 AM   #415
MASTERSAFARA

Cool

The difference is the consensus with the prototype was it was good or else no one would’ve pre-ordered in the first place.
Old 08-20-2020, 04:21 AM   #416
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Yeah, now that people are getting it in, there seems to be a little rush of people -----ing about people -----ing. The problem is the original -----ers had something legitmate to ----- about. That's cool you're cool with it, but not everyone is.

Quote:
Here is a suggestion..those saying that they are fine with the old one should not receive the new arc and help XM save money. I dare them to not accept the new and better arc.
double dog dare them...
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 04:45 AM   #417
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
But some people keep insisting XM made a mistake by making a new arc. Here is a suggestion..those saying that they are fine with the old one should not receive the new arc and help XM save money. I dare them to not accept the new and better arc.
Wait, are people really complaining XM decided to make a new arc? Why? It has no effect on anyone negatively, it's the best of both worlds.

Personally I don't mind the production arc and I think this piece looks great but it's absolutely ridiculous to complain about XM fixing something that a lot of people were upset about. I just don't get why that would be greeted negatively, by anyone... This ensures everyone is happy with their piece and more importantly, shows XM isn't the type of company to just dismiss customer feedback.

Just boggles my mind someone would complain about that.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 08:48 AM   #418
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
I'm an XM fanboy but I agree the arc needs to be redone. That bottom card is going to blow his foot off lol. They could easily just remove that bottom card.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 10:03 AM   #419
khrisc
The X-Men

Exactly. I just saw a post in Facebook saying it was a bad decision for XM to do this..like it sets a precedent for future pieces where someone complains of a minor issue and XM has to redo it. Like wtf? Like i said..a lot are also unhappy with the new arc so if you like the old one just shut up and don't take the new one. Pretty annoying how some can be so self-centered.
Old 08-20-2020, 11:15 AM   #420
komodo112

Overall, I think its a beautiful statue. I like the pose, details, both portraits, and the story it tells. I personally like the switch-out with the one card the most.

I have two critiques for this statue.

1. The kinetic affect. The new arch looks off. Especially that bottom card. Gambit is literally about to throw an explosive card on his foot. XM should have just removed that card all-together

2. The gloves. Why are they glossed out like that? XM should have painted it to look like cloth
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote