Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-16-2019, 12:55 PM   #61
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Anyone else getting a kind of cheap, or doll like vibe because of the fabric and hair? I think the jacket looks pretty good but I'm wondering if the statue would look better fully sculpted. I'm pro sculpt though so I may be biased.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 01:00 PM   #62
Matson1984
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Its probably because its what your used to. Obviously Silicone and punched hair is going to be much more expensive than fully sculpted. This is where its going though for 1/2 scale. Same with queen studios upcoming 1/2 scale models. I personally think its a great step forward in how realistic these models look.
Matson1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 01:01 PM   #63
dao2
Cyclops

Honestly for the hair wait till better pics come. The galleryesque lighting above the pieces they use (and dim lightning elsewhere) make for harsh pictures. The hair on the other 1:2 looked terrible in pics from their store but pretty good when normal pics were shown.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 01:05 PM   #64
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I have both fabric and sculpted, I guess my concern is that the sculpted pieces tend to age much better(SS Spider-man Comiquette vs Spidey PF or Wolverine PF). And it's undeniable both have come a long way, some of the latest fully sculpted pieces have confused people here thinking they're fabric. I think some fabric looks really good like Arnold's jacket here or P1's Batman capes but they're the exception. I look at Arnold's shirt and pants and get a cheap vibe from them, maybe it's just me though.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 02:41 PM   #65
zadmax
A day without sunshine is like... night.

At first I thought his hair was too short in the front/on top, but then I watched that scene again from the movie. His hair looks pretty spot on to me based on that specific scene. I never really noticed that the Terminator's hair length/style changed during the movie lol. I know people also mentioned the color of his pants being wrong, which they are, so I do hope they change that. Should be easy enough.
zadmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 03:43 PM   #66
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadmax View Post
At first I thought his hair was too short in the front/on top, but then I watched that scene again from the movie. His hair looks pretty spot on to me based on that specific scene. I never really noticed that the Terminator's hair length/style changed during the movie lol. I know people also mentioned the color of his pants being wrong, which they are, so I do hope they change that. Should be easy enough.
Yea. after the Tech Noir chase he gets lit on fire and loses his eyebrows and a lot of hair..

I would prefer a sculpted statue over fabric in 1/4 any day, but I'm not sure how all sculpted clothing would look in 1/2 scale. Digital clothing sculpt has come a long way.
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 05:08 PM   #67
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Looks well finished but likeness is definitely off, at this scale it really does need to be bang on.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 05:15 PM   #68
Themanwholaughs
Fantastic Four

Not so sure about that one. I would love a decent "Tech Noir" shoot out version of the Terminator, but I´m not sold on this one by now. It might still grow on me, but let´s see if there come changes.
Themanwholaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 06:45 PM   #69
clutch
Sailor Moon

I just wish someone would take a pic of someone standing next to it or holding part of it to get a sense of scale. They look small in the pics.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 07:00 PM   #70
Matson1984
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Just Google.. There's lots of pics of the endo like that and the t1 arnie will be the same size.
Matson1984 is offline   Reply With Quote