Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-28-2021, 12:32 AM   #591
redbloodedboy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

So looking at both videos… is it safe to say that in one, the torso already had a chipped piece (which either happened when packaged or in transit) and the other video happened when assembling the legs to the torso? Is that what you guys make of it?
redbloodedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 12:34 AM   #592
redbloodedboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipkicker View Post
Yeah, I watched that one. They (weirdly) put the legs on the base before they attached the upper body. But even after multiple viewings, I can't figure out how they managed to break it. I'd be devastated.

Mine is now in Singapore - still no Fedex text...
Mines still in China 😫
Looks like it hasn’t progressed at all since yesterday!
Old 07-28-2021, 12:47 AM   #593
naeser2008
Justice League

Quote:
This is the other video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx_1...L&index=4&t=8s
At 3:53 he retrieves the piece from the box.
Before that he says in Korean that it's "heartbreaking" and "the inside is broken".
That was the first one I watched, that one is pulled from the box so I am guessing it came like that. There was a review after that where it showed it breaking off when the guy inserted the leg... so I don't know what to make of it, outside of the bottom of the torso being very fragile.

Would definitely make me nervous to attach the legs either way.
Not sure if you could put a thin / soft cloth around that area when inserting it and then gently pull it out from between the two?

Glad the magnets are strong, but not too crazy that area is as thin as it is. If these are breaking in the box during shipping, that is a whole other problem.
naeser2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 01:10 AM   #594
zipkicker
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbloodedboy View Post
So looking at both videos… is it safe to say that in one, the torso already had a chipped piece (which either happened when packaged or in transit) and the other video happened when assembling the legs to the torso? Is that what you guys make of it?
I'm pretty sure they're the same unboxing videos - just edited differently. My money's on this was damage during shipping. Which leads to the big question - what would JND do if it was damage during transit? Would they replace (given that these are very limited)?
zipkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 01:16 AM   #595
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

JND must have banked on additional stock to cover breakages. Especially during these early days of delivering the pieces to customers.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 01:50 AM   #596
zipkicker
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
JND must have banked on additional stock to cover breakages. Especially during these early days of delivering the pieces to customers.
So you're chief hair-rooter on project WW84, you finally punch that last strand of brunette goodness on 700/700, put it down with an audible sigh of relief and get handed a big box of baldies... "Just in case"
zipkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 02:20 AM   #597
redbloodedboy

Quote:
I'm pretty sure they're the same unboxing videos - just edited differently. My money's on this was damage during shipping. Which leads to the big question - what would JND do if it was damage during transit? Would they replace (given that these are very limited)?
Good question… I think from memory in one of their videos they actually mentioned that one of the reasons for it coming in parts this time, (unlike AF) was also to ensure that if they need to replace certain parts they can do so more easily…. Pretty sure that was said…. However realistically I guess it would depend on what parts break and how much stock they keep if each….

Either way, it’s a worry that that particular part was able to break if it occurred during shipping as it’s in an odd spot and I wouldn’t have thought that it would have been an obvious breakable part….

Too much stress lol
First I’m worried why mine has not changed status at all for a day, second when it does arrive that it is all in one piece and thirdly assembling the legs to the bust without breaking if these magnets are that strong that they can snap it so easily!
Arghhh 🤪🤪
Old 07-28-2021, 02:21 AM   #598
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
So you're chief hair-rooter on project WW84, you finally punch that last strand of brunette goodness on 700/700, put it down with an audible sigh of relief and get handed a big box of baldies... "Just in case"

Actually, yes. In fact, I'm surprised these guys who are experiencing breakages, are speaking more about how they're resolving it.

Personally, I wouldn't be using glue on a $2000+ statue right out the box

And if JND didn't make things right, customer service, well....that'd be the end of that love affair.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 02:23 AM   #599
Exorcist
Hydra

Lightbulb

Quote:
But how? I have received the statue and it really is a tight and stable fit. There is no way that it could touch the border of the box. Making it absolutely impossible to touch another piece of the statue while being in the box.

IMO they accidentally did it themselves during unboxing/assembling or it happened during customs
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 02:41 AM   #600
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
But how? I have received the statue and it really is a tight and stable fit. There is no way that it could touch the border of the box. Making it absolutely impossible to touch another piece of the statue while being in the box.

IMO they accidentally did it themselves during unboxing/assembling or it happened during customs
Things break all the time during transit. Any strong enough hit to the box can break any weak points on a statue. For all we know it was damaged even prior to it being boxed up at the factory. Quality control doesn’t mean all that much. I have over a hundred statues and I don’t think more than a dozen of them are more or less pristine.

I don’t have any pieces yet from JND, but to date I’ve got 5 Queen Studio pieces and only one of them didn’t come with issues and that was the cheap Joker Mask.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote